• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I couldn't really give a rats hairy petooty what anyone thinks of me since I typically don't like anyone else to begin with...The only opinion of me that matters is mine and I generally have a complete dislike of people to begin with. I have a post somewhere on here explaining this in great detail, I'll try to find it and get back to you. Also as stated earlier the golden rule is great and works well both ways, treat people like crap or with contempt or as if they don't matter and they typically leave you alone just the way I like it. All that being said, I do like you guys more than I like most anyone else, but that's only because most of us have the same ideals and I don't have to participate in the conversation or even be face to face with any of you...can log off anytime I want and even block those that pizz me off.

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    I know that there are many who don't like me or respect. I can get over that. I have a very thick skin.

Well, for what it's worth, I like and respect you, what you stand for, and how you think. It makes sense to me, and you make it easy for me to understand where you're coming from. Other than that, I'm a firm believer in the "Live and let Live" rule, as long as it causes no one any harm. What a person does to themselves is their business, but far to often they fail to realize that what they do regarding themselves has more far reaching complications than they anticipate. (Speaking only as in if they hurt themselves, they inadvertently hurt those who love them, it gets complicated at that point.)

That said, I trust you as well, even tho we've never actually met face to face. I can read between the lines (so to speak), and I've decided that you're worth the time and effort on my part to get to know you and how you think, it makes for far more interesting conversations.

And no, I'm not "brown nosing", just simply stating how I feel. Others can like it, or not, I'm really not that concerned about "public opinion", or "survey says...". I take everything on a "case by case" basis, it makes life far simpler for me, and lets me avoid the drama, and the queens/kings that seem to wallow in it. My mom always did say that I "marched to the beat of my own drummer", which works for me just fine.
    :twocents:
    7th Stepper

As a side note, there are very few people on INGO that I don't have time for, and they know who they are without my having to bother stating what, who or why. Everyone else is on my "like" list, unless they intentionally do something to hurt, harm, or go out of their way to insult me, or those I deeply care about, in words or by actions. Them I just ignore, I don't have time for that type of thing. Life is to short to worry about the small S***, and when you think about it, it's almost always small s***. I pick my battles, or just walk away, depending on what's said, and who it's said to. I too have a very thick skin, it works for me, and is a great side benefit for getting a tan.....:)

Last edited:

El Guero

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2011
    Nw Indiana
    i don't even like myself, why should i worry to appeal to somebody else, i even had some comments before, that i am so honest that some people get offended for what i say, well to bad, never will lie just to make somebody feel good.

At the same way i don't worry about it, i don't go around bashing other people for what they are and what they like, i don't care much about colors, age, body, likes,or sexual preferences i have too much things already to worry about it, to waste my time worrying about how other people use their butt or other stupid things that are not my concern, i have learn to appreciate the people for the way we relate to each other, more than appearance and likes.

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    What I have noticed is people DO care what others think of them.
    This is why some "balding" men wear hats and some "chicken-legged" guys don't wear shorts.
    And why most women wear makeup. :n00b:

I like your way of thinking. Some people don't realize just how awful they look with a part in their hair that starts at the top of their ear and flows over to the other side. I find that funny, but that's just me.

My ex had "chicken legs", the first time I saw him in shorts I had to sit down I was laughing so hard! He never wore them around me again. Altho most of the time he couldn't have cared less what I thought about him, or anything else.

As for what I refer to as "war paint" <make-up>, the last time I wore any was way last March. I "dolled" up for a family wedding and wanted to "blend in" in a nice way. Most of the time you wouldn't catch me dead in the stuff, I'm not that vain, and it takes up to much of my time with the "prep-on, prep-off" for me to bother with it. Prior to that was in 05, for the 2 formal nights on the cruise ship we were on. I like what I see in the mirror, I'm at the age where I'm comfortable with it, and in my own skin. I go to bed in it, and wake up in it, and if I'm comfortable, then what else matters? I came into this world nakked, and I'll leave the same way...all the other stuff is just fluff. What others see if I don't wear any, doesn't concern me in the slightest, they can look like Bozo the Clown that can literally peal off their face before bed if they want to, it's just not my thing. I'm me, take it or leave it, if someone doesn't like it, then don't come around and try and make me conform and do things "your way", I'm to old for all that crap and manipulation.

7th Stepper

Last edited:

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I must be strange

What I have noticed is people DO care what others think of them.
    This is why some "balding" men wear hats and some "chicken-legged" guys don't wear shorts.
    And why most women wear makeup. :n00b:

Too funny, but you are right to an extent. I must really not give a rats behind what anyone thinks going by that though. I gave up make up and curling my hair about 20 years ago. I decided I would much rather sleep than mess with either. I keep my hair short enough that it still looks girly but I can just blow it dry without any product & it's done for the day.

I watched a great self defense video on here a couple weeks ago about how you can hurt an attacker with a comb. My note to self was that I needed to get a comb for my purse because I don't currently carry one. But I picked up a self defense cat key chain at the 1500 so now I don't need a comb. :)

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I've seen some real cool hair products at gun shows before.

DSC_0280.jpg

Azan_Warden_Brown_Tactical_Self_Defense_Comb.jpg

And I absolutely agree with you - you must be strange.

tatertot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Minus close family and friends I don't care one bit whether or not people like me. I don't follow the newest trends, drive the nicest car, or have the most popular views. But other people's opinion don't matter to me.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    It's not the guys I'm doing the work for, they've shown their appreciation in other ways that cannot be discussed. ;) Its the guys that work for the same program but different worksites.
    Oh that crap...

To some of the Support Guys it is like your from a Rival High School you r on a different team BS. I have never understood that attitude. The I have to talk Crap about you and put your work down every time I come around crew. That does get old quick. Part of it might be jealousy, part of it might be envy, most of it though is useless BS. If your boys like you, and it is easy to tell that, them screw the other teams support guys if they don't want to play nice...

Be safe over there!
    If you find yourself needing something do not hesitate to let me know either.

Jeremy

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    It's important to me that my employer considers me competent (or better) and professional. It's important to me my SO thinks it's worth her time to be, um, "nice" to me. It's important to me that my son knows he has my support. It's important to me that my mother knows I'm here for her. It's even important to me that my pets feel secure with me. Otherwise, I won't go out of my way to offend random slappywags, any more than I'll go out of my way to impress them. I'm civil and polite when others are, but if they're not, they can fornicate themselves.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Oh that crap...

To some of the Support Guys it is like your from a Rival High School you r on a different team BS. I have never understood that attitude. The I have to talk Crap about you and put your work down every time I come around crew. That does get old quick. Part of it might be jealousy, part of it might be envy, most of it though is useless BS. If your boys like you, and it is easy to tell that, them screw the other teams support guys if they don't want to play nice...

Be safe over there!
    If you find yourself needing something do not hesitate to let me know either.

Jeremy
    Yeah, I've gotten pretty good at just ignoring them. I think it may be a bit of jealousy that they aren't as cool as me. :D

I'll be sure to let you know if I need anything. We're pretty well taken care of where I'm at. PX is like a Walmart!

Kaiser

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    lafayette area
    I can't remember a time when I actually thought about how people might feel about me. I don't have the patience for fake people and I've had more than a handful of people that were good friends that I just stopped talking to and never gave it any thought. I don't really understand the effort most people put into being liked.

I don't have the patience for most people. I know most people don't like me; I speak my mind and have never failed to have an opinion. I been called a lot of things and most of the time I take it as a compliment. So in short I don’t care if you like me or not.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Do you care if you know someone dislikes you?

Meh, not so much.

If it is someone I like, then I try to find out why. Often my uncouth nature and other personality quirks can leave an impression with someone that I did not intend.

With each passing stage of life, I grow less and less concerned about it though.

My true friends are right there with me.

securedownload-1-1.jpg

JohnBoy1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Not really. It's my right and they don approve of it then I instruct them of the saying 'opinions are like *********s, everybody has one and they all stink.

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    Having to many people around waters down the experience I dont like most people anyway so if they dont like me I dont care, But I also take the term a***ole as a compliment

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    I'm not really concerned if people like me or they don't. If they do, great, if not, I don't worry about it. Chances are, I wouldn't care much for them anyways.

Top Bottom