• Do you carry a long gun

• Total voters

PA2Ind

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    St. Joseph Co.
    All the shoot outs happening around the country in the last few years have got me to thinking. We always talk about LTCH carriers stepping in to stop an active shooter and/or an attack in general. No doubt a long gun is a advantage in a fire fight. So who carries a long gun as part of their EDC? Please feel free to explain your stance.

Last edited:

ISP 5353

Master
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Putnam County
    Depending on where I am going and what I am doing I will occasionally slide a pistol gripped 12 gauge or a short AR into the truck. Not often though.

longhuntr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I always have some type of long gun in my truck.They get changed out according to the time of year and whats in season.There is almost always a moisin or other centerfire there though.Never know when you might have to finish off an animal hit on the road.Also a long gun gives you a little more range and firepower for that once in a million thing you run into while you're out.Sure as hell, if I take it out, a bigfoot will wander out in front of me and all I'll have is my PF-9...

D ReedSniper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 4, 2011
    A long gun definitely has the stopping power and range capabilities over handguns, depending on caliber. You never know when that person you end up in a fire fight with ducks behind cover and retreats further away.

D ReedSniper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 4, 2011
    IF my shotgun rides up front with me, as seen in police cruisers, would that be illegal, or just give me negative looks? May scare a few people..

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    I don't currently but Ive been thinking about keeping a pistol-grip 12ga in the car at times. When I leave Indy for the weekend I will typically bring my sig556 with me, mainly because I don't like leaving my most expensive gun at home when I am not around.

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    If one person says "I carry a Rifle everywhere I legally can and I OC", I'm pulling the :bs:card.

I'm not saying you shouldn't, but I don't see it happening. Now you're really making yourself a target for for the first one taken out when Al Qaeda walks into the 7-11. :rolleyes:

Oh Great...Here it comes...The "OC Vs. CC A Long Gun Argument" thread...:rockwoot:

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    When I am on a road trip I have a tanker bag with a Marlin Papoose, Stevens 620 takedown shotgun and a Keltec Sub2k in G17 config along with a Glock 17. Four std magazines, a couple of 33 round ones, 5 magazines for the Marlin along with about 200 rounds in a few small boxes, 5 round carrier on the buttstock of the Stevens along with a three or four 5 round boxes of 00 buck.

Lots of portable firepower... All I need is something like a Browning BLR in .308 with a scout scope for longer range and my quest will be complete.

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    When I am on a road trip I have a tanker bag with a Marlin Papoose, Stevens 620 takedown shotgun and a Keltec Sub2k in G17 config along with a Glock 17. Four std magazines, a couple of 33 round ones, 5 magazines for the Marlin along with about 200 rounds in a few small boxes, 5 round carrier on the buttstock of the Stevens along with a three or four 5 round boxes of 00 buck.

Lots of portable firepower... All I need is something like a Browning BLR in .308 with a scout scope for longer range and my quest will be complete.
    I wanna party with you, Brother.

Ambu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    I hope you have a LTCH, I may be wrong but don't you need a LTCH to carry a pistol grip. Anyone care to make me look bad?:popcorn:

I'm almost positive you need a LTCH to carry a pistol gripped shotgun

Reasoning;
    Shotguns sold with a full-stock are sold as long guns.
    Shotguns sold with pistol grip attached are sold as handguns.

Or at least, that is that's how it was explained to me buy the FFL who sold my gun to me.

revolvers&w

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Albany
    coach gun

I am debating the idea of getting one of stogers coach guns to mount on my Sportster.
    dont carry any other long guns in other vehicles.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    I rock two mp5's under the coat all day. Then there is the .458 on the back. I usually don't take that out and OC unless I am going out to eat.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom