• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    This isn't about carrying enough ammo. This sad story is more about being prepared while you're safely tucked away at home. This is where a HD rifle would have been handy.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The son initially told officers everything was fine.

The 11 p.m. alarm wasn’t the first time officers responded to A.J.’s Locker Room Wednesday night. Something tripped the alarm around 9 p.m. as well. When police responded, the steel security gate was open, padlocks were on the ground, and the store’s door was open. That time, officers didn’t find anything suspicious, locked it back up, and contacted a store representative who said he/she would be there in an hour, according to a police report.

I hate being a natural cynic, but something tells me there was an inside connection.

kramer5702

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 16, 2015
    Modoc
    This isn't about carrying enough ammo. This sad story is more about being prepared while you're safely tucked away at home. This is where a HD rifle would have been handy.

My DC is never more than a couple feet away, it drives my wife insane but I also carry while I'm in the house. The small gun safe with her g22 is about 6 feet away from the foot of the bed with a quick entry code.

Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    Of course there had to be an inside connection based on what the two robbers told the mom and son, hope it gets found out.
    Even though this isn't specifically a carry situation, the sheer number of people involved makes me think.
    I have an AK and a minuteman rig at home if I need it. Currently waiting for an LTCH response.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    Clearly a Monday morning quarterback statement here, but I think Jack Reacher said it best when he said "Well, once I take out the leader, which is you, I'll have to contend with one or two enthusiastic wingmen. The last two guys, they always run.". That could be paraphrased to say the same thing, if you're catching my drift. I know there is no way to ever know, but I suspect people wanting to rob some shoes aren't really down to start killing families. Again, it's the stakes not the odds in a case like this, but my guess if you started shooting, you likely wouldn't have to worry about getting all 5-6. 1 or 2 would cause the rest to scatter...

I'm not saying plan for them to run, but I'd bet that's how it'd go down.

mcjon77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2013
    In almost every video of a attempted home invasion (whether it is 1 attacker or 6) as soon as the homeowner starts firing back WITH ANYTHING those punks scatter like the scared little roaches they are. The courage/commitment of criminals seems to be inversely proportional to their numbers.

Personally, I am not going to start walking around my house with a carbine strapped to me all the time, but a pocket pistol in my shorts would probably do the job. Most likely, any immediate armed resistance would send them running. Even if it doesn't the pocket pistol can keep their heads down and give me enough time to get to my shotgun.

Another thing that I plan on doing is getting stronger door locks (the company that makes the club has a nice one). So many of these home invasions have the invader defeating the locked door with 1 or 2 hard kicks. The longer it takes for him to breach my door, the more time I have to get to my shotgun.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    JMO, but it's probably better not to bet your safety, or your life, on a movie philosophy, no matter how well-written for the actor.

They don't "always" scatter, believe that.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Sitting in my recliner, TV on for noise, reading on laptop, 1911 w/8+1 on hip, 2-8's on other hip, .45 ACP carbine w/6+1 within 2 ft., 3-10's, 4-7's and 80 rounds in go box (all Critical Duty). In bed tonight 1911 w/8+1 and 2-8s handy and 12 ga. loaded slug-00-slug-00-slug-00 within reach.

Shhh. Don't tell anyone.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    JMO, but it's probably better not to bet your safety, or your life, on a movie philosophy, no matter how well-written for the actor.

Next you'll be telling me that racking the slide on my pump shotgun won't work either.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN

I don't think anybody implied that they always scatter...

I don't deal with criminals on a daily basis but I have a hunch that the ones that wouldn't/won't scatter are also the ones that would kill a family just so they don't leave any witnesses behind and they would stop for dinner on their way home and not bat an eye... in that case you're in a lose-lose situation anyways and you may as well go down fighting...

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    If you are facing six armed men, start shooting #1, which do you think happens first:

Your mag goes dry.

Targets you haven't hit yet fire on you.

Outnumbered six to one, ammo isn't your issue.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I always have my SR9 right beside me all the time at home. Family thinks it's weird but I'm not taking any chances.

I'm glad nobody got hurt in this situation. 6 men busting into your house would definitely scare the crap out of you.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    If you are facing six armed men, start shooting #1, which do you think happens first:

Your mag goes dry.

Targets you haven't hit yet fire on you.

Outnumbered six to one, ammo isn't your issue.

First thing that happens is #1 dies. Second thing is I work on shooting until they either go away, or I leave a respectable pile of brass for CSI to sort through around my body.

OK, maybe that's keyboard bravado, but if I'm in that situation, I'm not going to try to figure out if they're going to leave me alive or not. If things have gotten to the point where I've got multiple thugs in my house, lead will be flying.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    In the immortal words of Col. Sherman Potter from M*A*S*H, "Never insult seven men when all you're packin' is a six-shooter."

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    In the immortal words of Col. Sherman Potter from M*A*S*H, "Never insult seven men when all you're packin' is a six-shooter."

That is why all guns should have unlimited ammo magazines!!!

I mean...Look at all those movies and video games that have them. You know the gubermint has been buying up all those unlimited ammo mags so us honest people dont' have access to them...along with .22 ammo and bacon. :nailbite::runaway:

In the infamous words of Filmore on the Cars movies........It's all a conspiracy, man...

Top Bottom