• Do you EDC extra magazine(s)?

• Total voters

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    When I am carrying a single stack, I typically carry at least two extra mags, for malfunction correction and ammo capacity. When I am packing the Hi-Power (or any other double stack that I might own in the future) I tend to only carry one extra mag, though sometimes I do carry more, depending on the where/when/how I am traveling.

This time of year, and many times even in the warmer months, I tend to one up the extra mag, and just carry an extra pistol, in case of malfunction. I never plan on using an of them, but I'd rather spend my life packing a little extra hardware than loose it for lack of it.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Singlesix was my RO for my first hand experience with mag malfunctions. Two mags... In a row... Needless to say, I always carry at least one spare mag & am testing out a new BUG.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    When I am carrying a single stack, I typically carry at least two extra mags, for malfunction correction and ammo capacity. When I am packing the Hi-Power (or any other double stack that I might own in the future) I tend to only carry one extra mag, though sometimes I do carry more, depending on the where/when/how I am traveling.

This time of year, and many times even in the warmer months, I tend to one up the extra mag, and just carry an extra pistol, in case of malfunction. I never plan on using an of them, but I'd rather spend my life packing a little extra hardware than loose it for lack of it.

Singlesix was my RO for my first hand experience with mag malfunctions. Two mags... In a row... Needless to say, I always carry at least one spare mag & am testing out a new BUG.

Bravo to both of you!

You should still carry a reload for every gun you carry, though. Just sayin'.

Have you practiced accessing and using your second guns? What do yo do with your first gun after it chokes? Plan ahead! Practice your plan!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I never carry an extra. Chances of needing it are slim.

You could make the same argument for carrying a gun. What are the chances...?

I do carry an extra mag (or more depending on where I am going and what I'm carrying) because if I do find myself needing to use a gun, my day is already off the charts in terms of probabilities. At that point, I'm looking to stack the odds in my favor any way I can.

G3kray

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2014
    Valparaiso
    I always have extra 17rds in my edc work bag but the blue jean coin pocket and belt hold a 33rd g18 mag perfectly plus you don't have to buy a mag holder to do so.i also tuck two 33s between car seat and center council in vehicle.

johnwhite

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2014
    bedford
    three mag's total 15+1 in the gun and a bravo concealment double mag pouch. why because i'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    What if your opponent gets a shot off, and their first bullet strikes your mag and knocks the base plate off? What are the odds of that happening, though, right? (Random thought, certainly not based on any recent events.)

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    What if your opponent gets a shot off, and their first bullet strikes your mag and knocks the base plate off? What are the odds of that happening, though, right? (Random thought, certainly not based on any recent events.)

If he does that then he would most likely be snatched up and given a job in California law enforcement somewhere. That way he can shoot the gun out of the bad guys hands so as not to actually hurt them and we can all feel good about ourselves at the end of the day.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    What if your opponent gets a shot off, and their first bullet strikes your mag and knocks the base plate off?...

It's sad enough for those without a spare mag to send the one round in the pipe while deciding whether to run for cover or bend down, lock the slide back, pick up a round from the floor and try to manually feed it into the chamber through the ejection port

...until you consider those folks who opt to carry without a round chambered. :( Ouch.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Last night I tried different ways to carry a second gun. I haven't found a comfortable position yet, but I'm still trying. I'd like to carry a second gun with 2 spare mags.

Top Bottom