Do you carry on your person from when you wake till bed.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you carry from the time you get up untill you go to bed, even in your own home.

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

iam1096

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Ohio
    She needs to watch the news. All the breakins wth people home! I have always carried from dress to undress. My firearm is part of my clothing. My kids don't ever say anything about them. They know not to touch them unless they have permission and I am with them. But all of the firearms are in safes but what i have on me. I am a big believer in big strong safes.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    She needs to watch the news. All the breakins wth people home! I have always carried from dress to undress. My firearm is part of my clothing. My kids don't ever say anything about them. They know not to touch them unless they have permission and I am with them. But
    But....?
    BUT??!!
    But WHAT??
    The suspense is killing me!!

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    I carry all the time. If I'm in pj's I'll carry it to whatever room I am in. Call me crazy but I even keep my doors locked at all times too.

And that stat is about to take an upswing for the Christmas Shoplifting Season.
    I was thinking about this the other day. Lately there seems to be a rise in break-ins. They tend to spike around Christmas time so I am betting that this year there will be even more.

I plan to position the tree away from any windows this year. I also plan to not put any presents under the tree until christmas morning.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    I carry mostly only outside the home. It is a comfort issue for me. At home, my doors are locked and I have a German Shepherd Dog... gun not far away (but not in every room).

I'll take my chances...

Definitely not extreme to carry 100% of the time though. If you don't have it on hand, it isn't going to do any good.

alwalker84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I chose that I dont leave the house with out it....

but thinking about it, anytime I am in the house I do have one right in front of, or on the side of me at all times. Just not holstered.

chiggins83187

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Whitestown
    i don't necessarily walk around all the time with it on in the house. typically i have it on the end table when i'm in the living room, but if i get up to go to the kitchen or bathroom, i don't put it on...unless i'm moving to that room for an extended period of time.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    It is better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it no matter WHERE you are.
    My gun is my constant companion and trusted friend. It is always with me except when it's presence would be against the law.

Doug

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Having little ones I don't leave guns laying around anymore...

I have a large 2 story with a basement. It would be impossible for me to get to one of the safes in a majority of the break in situations I could imagine. The distances to cover would be insurmountable. My wife and I both carry when awake. For me it's at least a 38spl +p and if I'm already dressed for going out, it's a Springfield XD with 16+1 rounds.... that should allow me to get an AK or Shotgun into the mix.

I do have plenty of spare mags and ammo strategically placed... on the off chance the BG(s) want to stick around and shoot it out. To quote Larry "I can do this all day" ;)

truegrit

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Highland,IN
    that's the reason I bought my LCP my normal carry guns either XD sub or S&W99 were'nt practical all day then one day I was confronted by an angry pitbull while washing the car (a blazer) the only thing I could do was jump through the tailgate and watch while he tried to jump through my front window to get my other dogs. Now I carry the LCP mostly around the house and one of the bigger guns both are.40 when I go out

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Always one on me. (Sometimes more than one.) And there are more in a few places around the house. The only time I don't wear one is when I'm taking a shower or when I'm WITH my wife. (Then there is one in close by.)

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    After reading these posts, they are making me reconsider my position. So right now I have my CZ-75 on my hip. It's time for me to step up, but a decent gun belt and a new holster, and carry on a consistent basis. I've decided that it's just too dangerous not to.

bw210

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Kouts, IN
    My option isn't on there either...
    I don't leave the house without it, but when inside I carry depending on what I'm wearing.
    Jeans = carry
    PJ bottoms = it's in the vault with the door open about 3 or 4 feet from me.

If I'm on the other side of the house for an extended time, I take a loaded piece with me.
    I'm thinking about getting another mini-vault and just leaving one over there...

I have several in various places throughout the house and garage. Its so much fun to name & fill them. Kitchen gun, bedroom gun, garage gun, family room gun, etc:D

I voted - From when I wake up till I go to bed. The right holster and you will feel more out of place without wearing it. Don't forget to use a good dual layer gun belt to support the weight.

dsc04471j.jpg

Last edited:

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I did not see an option for me. Haphazard carry.

A good reason to carry one in the house:

In my old neighborhood, a couple of hoods broke into a house while the couple living there were home. They were held at gun point by one hood while the other took their bank cards and went to an ATM to cash out. Whether they could have defended themselves is a good question, but in that situation, I would like to have been armed.

In the same neighborhood, the local gun shop was held up and the owner shot both of the assailants dead.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Geez, I carry 100% while out and about and of course when I'm working but I never carry in the house. I might answer the door armed on occasion. I'm not sure where you guys live but I was born, raised, work and live on the eastside of Indianapolis and I sure as heck have found a need to be armed while milling about the house. I do keep a pistol on my dresser that is accessible. Even on the BIG BAD eastside, home invasions are VERY rare and those are mostly drug related. I dono...just not my thing I guess. I just don't see the point, it seems to border paranoia. What is the greatest fear at home that drives one to feel they must protect themselves while inside their house?

Top Bottom