• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    17+1 in the gun with a 17 round backup mag. If I need more than 35 rounds I'm in deeper crapola :poop: than I should be, and better be running away screaming like a little girl.:runaway:

Chow40cal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    Olympia
    I will carry my G23C on my strong hip, covered with a light coat in this weather...Always carry a spare back on my left. If I have my .380, it's typically on my ankle and a spare in my 5th pocket.

INMIline

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Indiana/Michigan line
    depends on the carry gun and where I am going. If just into my small town I pack a .357 snub. If into a big city or trip either a G19 with two extra mags or xd9sc with two extra mags. All have big dot xs sights!!

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Always two spares. It is silly not to have at least one. If you've ever seen a base plate break letting the spring and all the rounds fall out the bottom you'll start carrying spares as well. The point isn't necessarily that you will need all those rounds, but simply a case of preparing for mag failure.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I never carry re-loads, but I will switch carry guns if I want more capacity. Two factors influence me:

1. Data that says most shooting incidents are over with about three rounds fired.

2. I really dislike carrying things around with me.

My primary carry is a Kimber Compact 1911. If I want more rounds, I carry a G19, which more than doubles the capacity of the 1911.

I'm equally comfortable with a 5-round j-frame. It keeps me in the range of typical # of rounds fired in a shooting incident, and I don't have to worry about a magazine failure.

I figure if I can't have taken care of it in 5 rounds, someone should call the coroner and my next of kin. I realize I'm in the minority, but that's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it. YMMV

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    In Civies, rarely. If I am going to an excessively rough part of town, I will carry an extra mag or two...

In Uniform, a retarded amount of spares. 12 for my carbine, and 5 for my sidearm.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I carry 4 magazines, including the one in my weapon. 56 rounds of pure $&#@ you up.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I currently don't *most* of the time, but I'm thinking to change that.
    I do if I'm wearing pants with tons o' pockets... but I really need to get my hands on a mag holder for my belt.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    I currently don't *most* of the time, but I'm thinking to change that.
    I do if I'm wearing pants with tons o' pockets... but I really need to get my hands on a mag holder for my belt.

take a mag to g.i. joes in ft wayne. they have a decent selection

chuckp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Central IN
    12+1 in the gun and I only keep spare mags in the car. HK USP Tactical 45 is my carry gun. If I can not finish with what I have on me it is going to be a very bad day.

Top Bottom