• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Z-Glock23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2010
    Highland,IN
    I throw a extra mag in a pocket if im going into a bad area, but otherwise I don't ever plan to use any more than the bullets in my gun. I have two mags throw in my center console of my truck too.

apovinelli

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    Indy
    I do not carry spares on me. I carry for self defense, and if I needing more than 8 shots, chances are I put myself into a bad situation...I would rather just avoid bad situations.

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    I keep 1 spare in my back pocket..... 24 rounds seems enough for me.... but then i was trained 1 shot 1 kill.... dont for see being jumped or car jacked by 24 people at once....

You were trained to take only one shot from a pistol, and that would be a certain "kill?"

I know it seems hard to believe, but someone in the government lied to you. ;)

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    I do not carry spares on me. I carry for self defense, and if I needing more than 8 shots, chances are I put myself into a bad situation...I would rather just avoid bad situations.

Stay away from churches and schools then...or hotels in India.

alwalker84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I really dont see the reason people make such a big deal out of the clip vs mag slang...

Its just slang, theres slang thrown all around this board talking about other firearms or items in general. It dosent bother me and i dont think it would bother most people here either if you didnt see someone commenting on everytime someone says "clips"

Some of you make it seem like people have a deminished capacity for calling a mag a clip...lol Im just sayin. Not a big deal...IMO

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    I really dont see the reason people make such a big deal out of the clip vs mag slang...

Its just slang, theres slang thrown all around this board talking about other firearms or items in general. It dosent bother me and i dont think it would bother most people here either if you didnt see someone commenting on everytime someone says "clips"

Some of you make it seem like people have a deminished capacity for calling a mag a clip...lol Im just sayin. Not a big deal...IMO

It has meaning to myself for a couple of reasons.

1- I'm a firearms instructor, and getting terms and definitions right is my job. Granted, no one is paying me to do that here, but it's habit.

2- Isn't there enough ridiculous gun misinformation out there without us creating more? Is it not bad enough that we have to listen to newscasters throw the terms "assault weapon" and "Saturday Night Special" around without having to listen to our own kind sounding like ignorant amateurs?

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    I carry two reloaders if that counts.

One thing to remember is that there is no such thing as too much ammunition. If you need it and don't have it you'll feel stupid.
    If you're unlucky you'll only feel stupid for a short while. If you lucky you probably won't make that mistake again.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

It is proper terminology...
    Do you call a car a truck?! Or a Wrench a Hammer?! :D

Just because people call something by the wrong name does not mean we do not understand the intent, however it is not the correct naming of the item... And that just bugs the h*ll out of some of us... I am sure you do not have any pet peeves... ;)

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    Of course 10+1 or 7+1 and 2 spares depending on what I'm carrying plus my backup 7+1 and a spare . I've never heard of anyone who has been in a firefight complaining of having TOO MUCH ammo!

Top Bottom