• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    I should like to think that I certainly do. I received some gratifying feedback this past Wednesday when I qualified with high marks.

THAT instills confidence. Not to mention the proper caliber (.45 ACP).

Love it.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Of viable carry options that I own, I shoot my 1911s and hi-power equally well, and honestly, even with my little 442 hitting pop cans at 20 yards isnt that big of a challenge.

I usually carry according to where I am going, how I am dressed, and what my intended destination is for the day. At times, I do opt for my LCP, as it is just a little bit easier to conceal than even my J frame, even though I am not as accurate with it as I would like to be, so I suppose that at times, I do sacrifice a little accuracy for the sake of conceal ability.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Lots of good responses to this thread. For my part, I've just come to grips with the simple fact that what I shoot best at the range will not always be the most appropriate gun to carry on a given day. The premise of the original question was that if you owned multiple guns in an effective SD caliber (9mm, .40, 10mm and 45 acp), do you carry the one of those that you shoot the best.

I think the problem with that question is that it's hard to say what 'shoot the best' means. I practice with all of the above calibers enough that I am comfortable with all of them. I really like them all, but they are all a bit different in how I shoot them. Some work better for me given the situation. For instance, I shoot the CZ 75 in 9mm better than I shoot the Glock 27, but when I'm crawling under a car at a junk yard or in a friends garage, that same CZ and it's expensive horsehide holster that makes it easy to carry does not work near as well as the G27 in a good pocket holster in coveralls.

I guess I've just accepted that I may shoot one of them better than the rest, I am well armed no matter which of them I carry. Each of them get shot an average of 50 to 100 rounds a month if they are to be carried.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    The guns I carry are the ones I shoot the most. My winter carry LCR I may not be the most accurate with, but I can get all 5 on a paper plate at 30ft. My summer carry PPS I can hold a tighter group. But, as far as speed and accuracy goes, I am probably best with my Beretta 92. But, it takes a bit more conscious action for me to shoot it. The LCR and PPS just seem to fit right and point right. Straight out of the box when I bought them they were perfect. So for point-shooting I shoot best with my carry guns. If I'm trying for accuracy, niether of them are target guns.

I carry what I shoot best when considering it's a carry gun. I won't shoot the center out of a dime, but I can keep all shots on a paper plate without really taking time for aiming each shot.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Depends on what you mean by "best".

I can shoot more accurately with a Remington 700 than I can with my M&P9, but I carry the M&P9.

I can shoot faster with a .22, but I carry a 9mm.

Handguns, especially carry guns, are always a compromise.

Lol, I was thinking the same thing.

For handguns in a viable self defense caliber (i.e. 9mm / .45)? Yes.

I carry an XD9 as an EDC. I can shoot that as well, or better, than any other handgun I own (that isn't a .22lr)... barring pinpoint accuracy where my TRP carries the day. I don't consider having nickle vs quarter sized groupings being better or worse in a self defense handgun.

I don't really agree with carry guns always being a compromise. Sometimes, sure. When I lived in Florida and would walk on the beach at night in swim trunks, it wasn't practical to carry a fullsized handgun. You work a job where being discovered carrying a firearm would mean termination? You may need to carry a LCP or P32.

Day to day running errands? There is no reason to compromise at all in a state like Indiana.

Top Bottom