• Do you carry while you are at home?

• Total voters

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    I voted concealed, but I carry both ways while at home. Number one, like it was said before, you never know when something will happen. Number two, I have a child. As long as the gun is on me, I know it's not anywhere where he can get to it.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    I voted concealed, but I carry both ways while at home. Number one, like it was said before, you never know when something will happen. Number two, I have a child. As long as the gun is on me, I know it's not anywhere where he can get to it.
    I was going to add an option for both, but I can't edit the poll.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    if i've been out of the house, i don't necessarily remove my gun when i get home. if i haven't left the house, there are guns at hand, plus a 2 dog early warning system and a killer attack cat. since the dogs have been around, i can't remember a time when i wouldn't have had more than ample opportunity to arm myself.

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    If I have pants on, I have my P3AT on me. It is a normal part of my everyday loadout. Keys, wallet, Spyderco Delica 4, Cellphone, Kel Tec. ;)

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    In a 2,000 sq.ft. home, a 6' man would need approximately 50-60 firearms to always have one within arms reach. That's just too much money.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    You know they're portable, right? :):

More reason to wear the holster.

Here's how I look at it.....

A) If it's in a holster on my belt I have control over access to my firearm.
    B) If something bad happens, I'm going to reach for the gun in my holster as that's what I've trained to do.... Could be really bad for me if it's sitting behind my laptop on the table when I need it .25 seconds ago.

;)

Nathan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Wabash, Indiana
    i usually have it concealed, and i'm used to it that way. since i have a 3 year old in the house, at night i'll unload it completely and have the full magazine and the empty gun in a high place, seperated, that way the next morning all i have to do is insert mag and rack. we have one of those childproof door handle covers on our bedroom door knob, so it's not likely she'll be getting in there at night anytime soon.

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    I voted Yes. That said...I can't exactly say OUT LOUD that I carry at home and I can't exactly say why I can't say here on a public forum.
    If I did carry at home (hypothetically speaking) I would carry concealed. Until there were no kids around. then I would carry open. Usually when I am working in the yard on weekends I carry open until I go someplace for supplies/lunch etc. then I decide based on my expected stops whether to put an over shirt on or not.

sanzo87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Muncie IN for now
    normaly in my room on my bed and i have a 12ga under the bed and a m19/30 on the other side of the room always loaded dont have any worries
    (still waitin on the gov money and lookin for the simi-auto handgun)

Brian@ITC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Richmond, IN
    I'm a firm believer in carrying EVERYWHERE YOU GO... and then includes while at home!!! My niece who used to live with us asked me why I carried around the house. I told her because if anyone breaks in right now, I don't have to worry about getting to my gun.

I shower with my gun on a FAST Holster in the shower. I have my gun with me at all times when I am at home. Most home invasions take place between 9am and 6pm. I work out of the house and obviously my information is all over the internet due to the line of work I am in :):, so the chances of someone entering my house (should they be foolish enough to do so) armed is pretty good. A long gun is always nearby as well!

kbrown84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Southside
    I carry open nearly all the time. Since I carry for work (usually 15-16 hours a day) I feel naked without it on. Also, i've noticed that the neighborhood kids cut through my yard less when they see me mowing grass with my glock! :D

KB:popcorn2:

Top Bottom