• Total voters

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    It seems to be almost an insult to offer someone a glass of water from the faucet anymore. I can't remember the last time I've had water from a fountain or faucet. When people come to the house or my office, we have bottled water for them. I'm of the opinion that tap water is perfectly fine and that's about all bottled water is anyway. I guess it's just convenient in many ways to go with the bottled brands. So, do you drink water fro the faucet? If not, do you believe it's unsafe or the bottled water offers something better?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I drink 2 gallons of water a day. From my tap. It's town water, and we have a water softener.

Now, at my parents house, they have a well. So their tap water is nasty.

It just depends on the taste I guess. I won't drink my in-laws tap water, tastes nasty.

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    I drink it no problem, but when it clogs our 3 month pur filter in 1 month, it makes ya wonder what is in the water to clog it that fast!

Edit: and that's city water not well

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    Well water here. Filtered through the refrigerator and it's great! Now the town is installing city water and I'm not too happy about it. Just one of those guys who don't like to pay for something I don't want, but our wonderful government seems to not agree. :xmad:

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    Very seldom except for when I need to from a fountain at work. If so it's normally
    filtered in some way. I use gallon jugs most of the time with a stainless thermos.
    Although, I'm not so sure most of the bottled water companies are giving us
    super healthy water either.
    I just know that my town did the brilliant "lets add fluoride to our water" idea,
    so I definitely avoid it. Hey lets poison people!:scratch:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I drank well water from Osceola for 20 years. No problems. City water to make Iced tea and coffee now. I really can't tell the difference. The Nestle water my wife drinks says it's from Greencastle, IN public water supply.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Tap water is fine for me. I have a 2 year old so we have a rubber whale that fits over the bathroom faucet and turns it into a water fountain. That's honestly my main watering hole these days.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    When I'm "back at home" I drink from the faucet. Best tasting water in Indiana there. When I'm in Indy, absolutely not. Camelback water bottle with a filter for me.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I've got a well, a bad one. We're working on getting a good RO system, then I'll happily drink it. Tap water from a municipal source in Indiana is usually held to a higher standard than bottled.

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    My family drinks well water ( water softener ) and loves it . I guess it's what you get used to .

They will not drink town water at all .

We always keep bottled water on hand for anybody else that stops by.

suzgsxr1300

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Noblesville
    Our tap water was clogging the filter so quickly in the refrigerator that we switched to a water cooler for convenience. It's also great to have really hot water on demand for tea, etc. I really don't mind tap water and often order water at restaurants that is probably well filtered but comes out of the tap.

dcat91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Paradise
    We have well water here and I hate showering with it let alone drinking it, seriously bad quality it turns my nails yellow

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I drink it no problem, but when it clogs our 3 month pur filter in 1 month, it makes ya wonder what is in the water to clog it that fast!

Edit: and that's city water not well

I have minor issues with Indy water on the SW side. I still drink it, but its pretty damn hard. Not that I care enough to waste the $$ on a softener. I can deal with the crust. the various faucets, valves, etc that I burn through still is cheaper than the softener costs. (dont get soap scum when you use detergent based cleaners instead)

I drank well water from Osceola for 20 years. No problems. City water to make Iced tea and coffee now. I really can't tell the difference. The Nestle water my wife drinks says it's from Greencastle, IN public water supply.
    THIS! I laugh at many people who swear by the bottled "drinking water" over tap. distilled or spring is one thing, but drinking? Dude, they literally bottle the water that the municipal system delivers to them. If you are on crappy well water that has lots of iron and other crap in it OK. I understand. But city dwellers who drink the Nestle, etc. crap are just wasting their money.

An interesting watch on bottled water:
    Penn & Teller Bull**** On Water - YouTube (Id link it as a video but I dont want the mods coming down on me for the text in the preview)

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Situational...

RO/Filtered water:
    • Coffee
    • Ice for drinks
    • water goblet & travel glass/bottle

Tap water: