Do You Favor National Concealed Carry If Traning/Certification Is Required?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What level of training would you support in order to get national concealed carry?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    There are classes in Con Law...
    Huh...
    Learn something new everyday...

Regulated as defined by the Noah Webster...
    [verb] Adjusted by rule, method or forms; put in good order; subjected to rules or restrictions

Synonyms within Context: regulated

Context Synonyms within Context

Conformity

Be regulated by, according to Gunter, according to Hoyle, according to regulation, according to rule, according to conformable to rule, according to cocker, be guided by, be regular, bend to the rules, blow with the wind, chime in with, comply with, conformable to rule, do as others do, en regle, fall in with, fall into a custom, fall into a usage, follow observe the rules, follow the crowd, follow the fashion, follow the mulbe regular, follow the multitude, go by the rules, go with the flow, go with the stream, habit, hurler avec les loups, keep one in countenance, move in a groove, obey the precedents, obey the rules, orderly, pass muster, regular, selon les regles, stand on ceremony, stick to the beaten track, swim with the current, swim with the stream, swim with the tide, symmetric, tally with, well regulated, when in Rome do as the Romans do.

Legality
    Regulated, according to law, chartered, conslegal, constitutional, lawful, legal, legalized, legislative, legislatorial, legitimate, permitted, regulatory, statutable, statutory, vested.

Order
    Well regulated, businesslike, correct, en regle, in apple-pie order, in its proper place, in order, in trim, methodical, neat, orderly, regular, see confuse, shipshape, symmetrical, systematic, tidy, unconfused, uniform, arranged.

Last edited:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I think if a national permit was offered, it should be on a "shall issue" basis, just like Indiana. In fact, I don't know what they would "check" on me that Indiana hasn't, except for recieving my literal bank check to get the permit. Therefore, ideally, it would be nice to see the national permit be giving to any who have a valid state permit.

All the same, I would do the training if that's what it took.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Not to get off topic, but I use to work in the emergency medical field and they had something similar for EMT/Paramedics. You had state licenses that you had to have to work in state and then there was a nationally registered license. States would choose whether or not to honor the national license. And, really, as it pertains to carry licenses, that's probably how it would work out. The same states that do not recognize other states licenses probably wouldn't recognize a national carry license either, so it would make little difference.

Specialized

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 97.8%
    87   2   1
    Jan 26, 2011
    Highland, IN
    Thanks to all for your replies, especially the ones that state a position and then explain their logic. Someone mentioned that I didn't include all options or sentiments in the poll; that's a very fair criticism. I view the overall question to be something like this: "What would it take for the US government to be willing to offer equal protection for all eligible citizens with respect to the right to own and carry a firearm?" This of course where eligible means not a felon, not an ineligible alien, and not demonstrably crazy.

My reasoning? The decisions in court cases of late that have gone in our favor (Heller, etc) have almost all been based on the equal protection clause. At what point and under what circumstances would the government be prompted to move to protect people like the guy in NJ who got arrested and convicted for legally owning and possessing guns during a period where he was moving to the state? Likewise, when will people be protected against jurisdictions that refuse to honor the federal "safe passage" criteria while a citizen is driving from point A to point B with a gun in the vehicle? And when will the poor suckers next door in IL and WI be able to even protect themselves at all? If my IN Lifetime license were federally protected by a law that grants me some leeway based on my license no matter where in the country I am, I would feel better about it. As it is, when I travel back home to Oklahoma from where I live in IN, I have to know many details of the different state's laws from here to there. Why not be protected federally as long as I am abiding by the tenets and regulations of my IN state license?

This is a "glass-half-full" view, in my mind, of protection from the pitfalls of the patchwork possession and carry laws that exist between the states today. It's probably more appropriate for all the states to manage the CC and possession/ownership laws as they do today, but I'd like to know that I'm not ripe for picking by law enforcement just because they're gaming the laws where they live and I visit. I wouldn't want the feds to have the master list of who has what and who carries any more than the rest of you, but I think this situation is ripe for some sort of equal protection and enforcement standard.

Your thoughts?

Specialized

AJBB87

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Here
    Ask any LEO...

Ask any proactive "citizen" gun toter...

Ask anyone who strives to do better at what they do...

There is nothing wrong with training. It NEVER hurts.

To be "allowed" (It's BS I know!) to carry anywhere in the U.S. with some training (no matter how basic or mundane) and a certification would be worth it, in my opinion.

Those who say otherwise might as well hand in their Indiana LTCH because that's just as much an infringement on their rights as the ideas proposed in this poll.

AJB

I voted:

Even if training and certification were required.

Top Bottom