Do you favor or oppose passing stricter gun control laws?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    The only gun law that should be on the books is "don't shoot anyone or anything, except in self defense, defense of another, or of the Constitution; while hunting, or practicing for one of the above."

[strike]All other gun laws should be stricken from the books....I can dream, can't I :dunno:[/strike]

You can pretty much lock it up right here folks.

Tsigos

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Do you advocate your physician turning your private medical history over to the FBI for inclusion in a NICS check?

Who said anything about turning over an entire medical history? It's real simple, if you require mind-altering prescriptions to be "normal", you go onto a list.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Who said anything about turning over an entire medical history? It's real simple, if you require mind-altering prescriptions to be "normal", you go onto a list.

Who determines "Normal"?

Do you drink, Sir? Ever taken a prescription medication that had any kind of warning involving physical or mental side effects? Tylenol PM perhaps?

If so, I believe you meet your own qualifications for the list.

Be careful what you ask for, Sir. Your fears and prejudices have you advocating yet more intrusions and restrictions on what is supposed to be a free country.

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    We have sex ed/drug ed in schools why do we not teach firearm safety. I was never in ROTC but they do this with their pellet rifle stuff in high school?

The more i consider it tho im sure since public schools are very liberal they would **** it up and demonize inanimate objects.

My son can safely clear a weapon at the age of 10. Those that he has the strength for anyways. He can still tell if they are loaded or not otherwise. I consider that a valuable life skill that may save him or another kid someday.

Pretending guns to exist to kids leaves them ignorant making any unsupervised interaction with them much more dangerous. I would liken it to not teaching your teenager safe driving then tossing them into the car in the middle of a icestorm chances of a bad day greatly increase.

skimmer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Want to know why China will never invade? Because there will be gun behind every blade of grass...

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana

There goes many Vets that have come home and are coming home with PTSD. I've known a couple dozen in the past 10 years that have come home and been put on something for at least 6 months to a year, some have been on closer to a decade than to a year.

This whole topic makes me laugh any time someone brings it up. For as much love of the 2nd Amendment we have around here, there is a pretty surprising number of people that would have no problem with more restrictions because they're far too concerned with the choices other people MIGHT make.

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    I think the gun laws for purchasing are good enough. A criminal will get a gun, one way or another. The one place I think there should be a bit more steps to get something is a carry permit. I think at least a one day class in safety and other things should be taken to get a carry permit.

^^ This. Although I've obtained my LTCH without any training (yet), it seems logical that at least a one day course is in order. Before I was issued my motorcycle endorsement back in the day, I had to take the ABATE course, which included both class work and actual riding on a bike.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    There goes many Vets that have come home and are coming home with PTSD. I've known a couple dozen in the past 10 years that have come home and been put on something for at least 6 months to a year, some have been on closer to a decade than to a year.

This whole topic makes me laugh any time someone brings it up. For as much love of the 2nd Amendment we have around here, there is a pretty surprising number of people that would have no problem with more restrictions because they're far too concerned with the choices other people MIGHT make.

You should see the section on a NY forum I'm on. They're cool with may issue permits, banning just about anything, and discriminating against anyone they can think of for the most miniscule reasons, except of course, for them. They passed a law January 30th 2012 prohibiting persons disqualified by 18 USC 922 for owning any blackpowder or muzzleloading weapon. This too was a knee-jerk reactionary response to the actions of two knuckleheads that used their muzzleloaders to commit crimes.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    You should see the section on a NY forum I'm on. They're cool with may issue permits, banning just about anything, and discriminating against anyone they can think of for the most miniscule reasons, except of course, for them. They passed a law January 30th 2012 prohibiting persons disqualified by 18 USC 922 for owning any blackpowder or muzzleloading weapon. This too was a knee-jerk reactionary response to the actions of two knuckleheads that used their muzzleloaders to commit crimes.
    Of course.....something baaaaad:sheep: happened, so lets baaaaaaan:sheep: something. Then nothing baaaaad:sheep: will ever happen again.

Top Bottom