Do you feel obligated to offer up a little something for a favor?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Sounds like I was raised about the same as more then a couple on here. No way I could just borrow a vehicle and just return it. Even if it was for a couple mile move or something, if i didnt fill the gas tank for whatever reason, id give them a couple bucks for the gas and use of their time. Even in the Army, when we would just toss keys to personal vehicles to each other, you didnt do the common courtesy, and soon no one would lend you vehicles. Heck, I was wanting to relearn to drive a manual, and a buddy with a brand new Cobra offered use of his car. Of course I turned it down, no way I could tear that up trying to relearn.
    Poor manners on his part, and I would tell him that you are busy next time he needs the truck, or that until he gets the gas, its still empty from the last time.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I was fortunate enough to have a friend loan me his racing trailer, to tow my brother's car. Before returning it, we stopped and washed it, made sure it was cleaner than when we picked it up. Dropped it off, made sure all of the towing gear was stowed, wheels chocked, etc.

I approached it as if he didn't have to loan me his trailer, because he didn't. I was greatful he did, and if at some point I might need to borrow it again, he would let me. Bottom line, return it clean, with a full tank, and a couple dead presidents never hurt.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Don't loan anything you can't aford to give and don't borrow anything you can't aford to buy.

Bohica

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Favors with vehicles always result in a full gas tank to me....

That's the way i was raised also. :yesway: Regardless how much was in it when you started it better be full when you bring it back...... A full tank is cheaper than a car payment, insurance, repairs..... ETC

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom