Do you fly a flag or flags at your house?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Ju
    Tell me more about this?!?! US Representative?!? Not Indiana State Rep correct?
    Just went and looked. Mike Braun’s site has it. $27 for a 4x6 nylon. They have several sizes and materials available. Funny thing is you cannot get a state flag. I have sent them messages in the past that they should also offer state flags. Looked quickly on one of my state reps and could not find anything about flags. I remember the first time I ordered a few it was from Lugar’s site, our past congressman, not the gun company. I order about 2 every other year.

Brimaster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    Lake County / Eagle
    Currently flying the Gadsden and the Jolly Roger. Added a second flag this past year. I switch up every month or so and have quite a few different ones in the wings waiting the next one that will be flying is the An Appeal to Heaven. I also have related stickers and the NRA license plate on the truck

Around by me some people still fly the flags (including Trump ones) they always did and I am amazed others took them down. The one neighbor took his down and when we asked his said because of all the stuff going on took it down as don’t want to cause any trouble.

To me that is one of the problems so because of a certain group of people some are willing to not stand up for what they believe in or what they think is important and turn silent and let the world go by. If you don’t stand up for what you feel in important no one else will whether at work or anywhere for that matter.

As of now we still are a free society so even though don’t agree that is their choice.

Drewski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2019
    Deep South Side
    For now, I'm flying the Stars & Stripes on a pole mounted on our mailbox post, which is not uncommon in this HOA neighborhood. I'll get around to something more traditional eventually, but for now it does the job. I will occasionally replace it with a White Sox flag although that hasn't been up since the Field of Dreams game.

As far as the cars go, I have no concerns with getting keyed or anything by mounting a window-mount flag on either of our vehicles. I've had this license plate on my truck since 2016 when we lived in Chicago with no ill effects. Actually, I used to get quite a few positive comments regularly in the city. Since IN only requires a plate on the back (IL requires front and back) I've had the plate on the front of my truck since we moved here in '19.

IMG_3376.JPG

Last edited:

steverino

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    I fly it with lights for night. Over the years I have found flags from Annin hold up well to the sun and weather.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Last year added a light so as to keep the stars and stripes flying 24/7 along with a thin red & blue line banner. Figured if the millennial neighbor was going to hang their banners supporting terrorists and de-funding the police, it was high time to put 'ol glory out round the

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Last year added a light so as to keep the stars and stripes flying 24/7 along with a thin red & blue line banner. Figured if the millennial neighbor was going to hang their banners supporting terrorists and de-funding the police, it was high time to put 'ol glory out round the clock.
    A few years back I found a nice solar light that attaches perfect to the light pole. Illuminates really nice at night. And holds a good charge. Got it at our local Menards.

deingy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Centerville
    I fly my flag to counteract the blm and defund the police crap one of the neighbors has in there yard . Now we have 5 people with flags on the street the yahoo’s with signs finally got the message ! View attachment 154139
    This is a common and easy method of flying the flag 24/7 without having to add a light. Place it near your outside light to illuminate at night.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    90   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Always kills me when I see people around places like IN flying the rebel flag.

I'm not gonna cry racist like the liberals do, but I just wonder what the hell is going through these people's heads? Since you're one, please explain. Let me say what I see...

First off, to me, that's old stuff. REAL old stuff. The Civil War has been over for more than 150 years, so it's history. We're supposed to be one big happy country now. I mean, bringing up old wounds is one of the things we hate about lefties right? When I see these It's like hearing a black person cry about slavery.

Second, you have to know that's a southern thing right? Indiana fought for the Union. You know, the WINNING team. It says "Proud loser" to me, or someone who's just trying to get a reaction.

I don't know, tell me why a person from the north, a yankee, would fly the rebel flag.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold

I'm not gonna cry racist like the liberals do, but I just wonder what the hell is going through these people's heads? Since you're one, please explain. Let me say what I see...

First off, to me, that's old stuff. REAL old stuff. The Civil War has been over for more than 150 years, so it's history. We're supposed to be one big happy country now. I mean, bringing up old wounds is one of the things we hate about lefties right? When I see these It's like hearing a black person cry about slavery.

Second, you have to know that's a southern thing right? Indiana fought for the Union. You know, the WINNING team. It says "Proud loser" to me, or someone who's just trying to get a reaction.

I don't know, tell me why a person from the north, a yankee, would fly the rebel flag.
    I'm from Virginia.
    And.....I find BLM flags much more offensive.
    Your welcome to your opinion, but it's still America last I checked.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

I would encourage you to do some of your own homework and study the history a bit more deeply.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    90   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I would encourage you to do some of your own homework and study the history a bit more deeply.
    OK, tell me what part I was wrong in so I can study it...

Was the Civil War, NOT over 150 years ago?

Did Indiana fight for the Confederacy?

Did the Union lose?

I understand NOW that the guy responded, that he's from VA, so that kinda makes sense, but not really. He lives here now, so it still doesn't explain why he would be flying it up here. It's the same old "why move to America then fly the Mexican flag" argument... My folks emigrated from Newfoundland Canada. They're proud of being from Newfoundland, but they became American citizens, and have never flown any other flag but the American flag.

Top Bottom