• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Astrocreep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indy
    I'm reading this conversation with interest. Some good suggestions here.

My wife is a criminal defense attorney, and I've got her number memorized :D
    I don't see how much it matters to me if I have a number of a good lawyer handy or not... it won't change the fact that I will say NOTHING to the police until my lawyer shows up.
    For crying out loud you even have to be careful how you phrase your request to use the phone to call a lawyer in front of the police!

Remember:
    ANYTHING you say can and will be used AGAINST you.
    The cops are not your friends in an arrest situation.
    They work for the prosecutor, not the defense.

Additionally, to add :twocents: to the 'what kind of grades did your lawyer get?' conversation:
    A lawyer's academic proficiency and number of tries it took them to pass the bar are IRRELEVANT to the practice of law.

Being a good lawyer has about as much to do with doing well in school and on ridiculous tests as being a good NASCAR driver has to do with how well they mow their lawns.

Lawyers are 'good' or 'bad' due to their experiences in practice and mastery of negotiation, not their academic prowess.

Law school teaches young people not how to be lawyers, but how to learn how to be lawyers.
    The various state bar tests serve no other purpose than to frustrate and stress new lawyers and to enrich the people who prepare and administer them.

Top Bottom