Do you have an expectation of privacy on INGO?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you have an expectation of privacy on the internet?

• Total voters

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Absolutely not. The VB admin/mod area does not have an option to read PMs. Is it possible for a VB administrator to read PMs. ABSOLUTELY

Simply google "read PMs vbulletin" and there are hacks for that.

We do not have anything like that on INGO but keep in mind on any forum you browse PMs could potentially be read by admins or mods. If you are concerned don't post private stuff anywhere on forums.

If INGO is issued a subpoena for any info contained in our database we will co-operate 100%

But as a level of protection for the owner...I really thought Mods could access all exchanges of information here.

That's why I have no problem with it. I just assumed it was a given.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Absolutely not. The VB admin/mod area does not have an option to read PMs. Is it possible for a VB administrator to read PMs. ABSOLUTELY

Simply google "read PMs vbulletin" and there are hacks for that.

We do not have anything like that on INGO but keep in mind on any forum you browse PMs could potentially be read by admins or mods. If you are concerned don't post private stuff anywhere on forums.

If INGO is issued a subpoena for any info contained in our database we will co-operate 100%

would you tell us? ;):D

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    macro setting

Crap...I repped you for that...now the mods will know... :):

see, i have something to tell people who think the post whore thread or the rep pyramid thread is the fastest way to get rep here. ITS NOT.

if you want a gold badge become an "E5 basher" :):
    whenever an insult or negative comment is made about E5RANGER375, you can guarantee positive rep will be awarded. dont believe it? try it. its a sure thing :laugh:

mods your assistance please? for verification ;)

I HATE E5RANGER375 WHAT A DICK!

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    see, i have something to tell people who think the post whore thread or the rep pyramid thread is the fastest way to get rep here. ITS NOT.

whenever an insult or negative comment is made about E5RANGER375, you can guarantee positive rep will be awarded. dont believe it? try it. its a sure thing :laugh:

I'd rep you for that but the Mods would find out. :D

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

I hate Ranger....Sorry Bro I need another badge.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I do not expect moderators to discuss communications between two members, such as rep comments, in the open.

This.
    Kinda like a doctor's office. You know they have access to your records, but you assume they have the decency not to let the whole waiting room know why you're there.

Last edited:

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    I have been a mod/admin on a message board. We didn't use V Bulletin. On that particular message board program, you could read PM's if you added a mod to it. We put it on our board. We only used it once. What we discovered is that it was a pain in the butt trying to figure out who sent what PM to who. It just listed the PM's. Unless you actually put your name or the recipient's name in the PM, we had no idea who was sending the PM or who was receiving the PM. I don't know if the mod for V Bulletin is similar or not.

Top Bottom