• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    When pulled over by an officer or whatever the circumstance me be, do you inform the officer you are carrying? Why or why not?

I'm trying to figure out if its better to risk confrontation if I tell them OR is it better to risk having guns drawn on me if they see mine...

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Here is why I do not inform unless required to by law.

[ame]http://youtu.be/kassP7zI0qc[/ame]

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Always. But then again, I've only been stopped for anything once in 20 years. To me it's no big deal since I'm not doing anything wrong. Being polite hasn't been a problem for me and I don't feel like my rights are being abused at all:dunno:

Bob

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    The update on Ohioans for concealed carry states that the wanna-be officer has been fired. He got exactly what he deserved. Doesn't deserve to wear a uniform, except maybe a striped one.
    http://www.ohioccw.org/201201255000...minate-notification-hands-in-plain-sight.html

He berated the man he pulled over, said he should have shot him, said he wouldn't have cared, never gave the guy a chance to say a word much less inform about his CC, the cop called him a stupid human being, used the F word more times than I cared to count. Talk about a stupid human being! This ex-"cop" gets first prize in that department.

Last edited:

LadyBearPaws

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2013
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I always do. When I'm driving my 4-wheeler/truck (versus semi); by the time the Officer has reached my window; I have window cranked down with both hands in plain view with both Driver License & Permit in view. Have never had a problem. Actually about 10 yrs ago when 1st started carrying, Officer informed me the gun I was carrying had a tendency to malfunction & recommended cpl others. I had a dif one that day.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    The update on Ohioans for concealed carry states that the wanna-be officer has been fired. He got exactly what he deserved. Doesn't deserve to wear a uniform, except maybe a striped one.
    Bill introduced to repeal police notification law | Concealed Carry | News

He berated the man he pulled over, said he should have shot him, said he wouldn't have cared, never gave the guy a chance to say a word much less inform about his CC, the cop called him a stupid human being, used the F word more times than I cared to count. Talk about a stupid human being! This ex-"cop" gets first prize in that department.

He still carries, but now he's angrier than ever.

Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    Heck yeah, I inform. I inform all the time. I inform even when I DON'T get stopped! When I just drive by a cop, "I yell 'I'VE GOT A GUN!'" It's the vehicle equivalent of Open Carry :)

echoagain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Be polite, keep your hands in full view, turn on your dome light if it is night. Beyond that, what business is it of the cops if you are legally carrying? The only time I have 'informed' was when I needed to dig into a glove box to try to find my registration and I new there was a pistol inside. I definitely did not want to give the cop a 'surprise' when I opened the glove box.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bill introduced to repeal police notification law | Concealed Carry | News

Mediation forced the Canton police department to give Harless his job back.

Fired Canton officer Daniel Harless wins back his job - News - Canton, OH - CantonRep.com

"CONDUCT WAS DEFENSIBLE"
    “The employer lacked just cause to discharge him.”
    The union said that Harless “has been singled out for discipline greater than that given his colleagues,” explaining it’s rare for officers to receive discipline for verbal abuse of a prisoner and “officers who have physically mistreated people have not been discharged.”

Last edited:

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    On a need to know basis only. Rarely does he/she need to know. If asked, then I will tell them.

Top Bottom