• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I have never visited the country and I'm afraid I will never have the opportunity. I have in the past been given the impression that the French do not care for Americans; it would seem they suffer the same malady that the U.S. suffers in that there is a small but loud group of people that are anti- whatever stands for good. These images prove that we are not hated by the rest of the world.

Most people who think that French people hate Americans have just met Parisians. :):
    They just hate everybody includling the rest of the French people.

I believe than some folks over here, especially in Normandy, have more respect for the US and the American flag than many Americans themselves.
    You won't find folks burning the US flag or walking on it ... like you see during many protests in the US.

You won't find many countries where US troops are given rounds of applause when they walk down our streets (probably including the US too where at least a few folks would booh them).

4243-170604194102794-001-1496605118.jpg

scr_110605-A-3108M-009.jpg

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I had the pleasure of visiting exactly 1 year ago with my brother and nephew. Everyone in France, even Parisians, were extremely nice to us. We rented a car in Normandy, and when we told the nice young agent that we were there to visit the beaches that our grandfather had arrived on (9th Inf, D+4) he told us not to worry about getting the car back before closing, just park it out front and drop the keys in the overnight box and he would take care of making sure we didn't get any extra charges. We didn't have any problems.

It is very, very easy to find monuments with American flags flying. We also saw them flying at houses along the roads.

M9OlZYx.jpg

Se7SouE.jpg

gN2bhQD.jpg

ncm87fO.jpg

A3x63yK.jpg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    ...and in exchange for your gratitude, we call the French "rifle droppers".

:(

I don't.
    But then I'm a bit of a history buff. WWII mostly, but also WWI and Civil war.
    WWI bled (BLED) a good number of military age group males from the French population.
    Then WWII came long with the entire new ability for "maneuver" warfare.
    Maneuver has always been a big part of warfare.
    But throw in tanks, trucks, planes, and parachutes.. and warfare was changed overnight.
    The Germans worked out their problems before the war, and then practiced it on multiple countries before France.
    France was secure in the knowledge (also the Brits) that they were a going concern, not knowing they were completely outclassed.
    Which resulted in the French bleeding off another significant part of a generation.

Then, they surrendered so much faster than anyone anticipated, not even because so many brave were being killed, but because they were not prepared for the turn of events outclassing their armed forces.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    FalconRC369
    Top Bottom