• ...and so much more!
  • Von Mises

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    Undisclosed Location
    By: Sean Kerrigan

The US government is offering private intelligence companies contracts to create software to manage "fake people" on social media sites. Private security firms employeed by the government have used the accounts to create the illusion of consensus on controversial issues.
    The contract calls for the development of "Persona Management Software" which would help the user create and manage a variety of distinct fake profiles online. The job listing was discussed in recently leaked emails from the private security firm HBGary after an attack by internet activist last week.

Read full story here:
    US Gov. Software Creates 'Fake People' on Social Networks - National Social Media | Examiner.com

Read the Government Contract here:
    http://www.seankerrigan.com/docs/PersonaManagementSoftware.pdf

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I know every single person on my FB account.

I don't add the few folks who have requested it that I don't know.

I've not even added a few requests that I DO know

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I know about 92% of the friends on FB. I only have 47 friends anyway. About 4 are friends of friends. And only one is a complete stranger. He's a good source for legal cases. I'll take my chances with him.

ETA: is this their version of herding the sheep?

boosteds13cc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Lowell
    every person (673) on my friends list i know/have interaction with/ or have met. i dont get how people can ad others that they do not know....like its a friends contest

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    LOL, well, that's probably because YOU posted it :D

Rambone - they are betting that you ARE one of the government "personas"....

Lovely irony in that.... :D

Where's Nordic Heathen Vinlander ???? Hmmmm.....

Maybe Fenway doesn't need to have "the same 10 people posting all the time", maybe he's just letting THE MAN do his dirty work.... hmmmm.... :tinfoil: :D

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    I know about 92% of the friends on FB. I only have 47 friends anyway. About 4 are friends of friends. And only one is a complete stranger. He's a good source for legal cases. I'll take my chances with him.

This..I only have 55 friends on FB and all but maybe 4-5 I've met in real life and I've interacted with those I haven't in another and the other's I've interacted with on a different forum. Besides, IDK that I'm interesting enough for anyone to plant fake people just to talk to me :dunno:

Top Bottom