do you let industry politics influence your purchase?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    do you let firearms industry politics influence your purchase?

with all the recent legal crap from every aspect of the firearm industry and people taking sides I have been wondering, do you let those politics influence what you do or don't buy or do you let the product speak for itself and ignore the politics? discuss

Last edited:

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Conditionally with firearms. With some exceptions, I view most as corporate giants.

Blades? Extreme prejudice based on the behaviors of the company owners. There are some folks who make great blades that I've seen act like jerks at Blade or on BFC. No money from me...

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Not just in firearms, but in other industries. My few pennies won't make or break anyone, but I cannot give money to people that I think are bad for us.

I won't, for example, use Progressive insurance because of it's ties to George Soros. I doubt the Communist SOB has noticed, but I would notice if I were paying him.

I wouldn't buy a Kimber if you gave me the money to do so.

I won't buy a new Chrysler or GM product.

Etc., etc.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Not that I have the money to do it now...but I will not be buying a GM or chrysler until they are devoid of government control and involvement, which is going to cause a problem for me because I hate Fords. I will also not buy any heinz catchup.
    I am curious to hear about Kimber though

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    I refuse to buy Heinz also, and have been known to ask the waitress at a restaurant if they had another brand that I could use.

Last edited:

elaw555

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I traded my Kahr due to the direct (read monetary) connection to a fringe religious "cult". I found myself having such an aversion to it it was kept unloaded and unused in the car for a week before I traded it for a G26. Does that count...kinda?

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    with all the recent legal crap from every aspect of the firearm industry and people taking sides I have been wondering, do you let those politics influence what you do or don't buy or do you let the product speak for itself and ignore the politics? discuss

I can make up my own mind, I dont need someone else doing it for me.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    As to politics, yes. After Bill Ruger spouted off about "no honest man", I did not purchase Ruger firearms.

I bought a Barrett just because of Ronnie Barrett's decision as to California LE sales.:D

As far as civil litigation concerns, no. Suing to protect patents or contracts is just part of doing business.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    yep, politics influence my purchases.

but Companies suing other companies won't sway my purchase if one is far better. However if its a close call between the better product I'll go with the one that has better relations with customers and the industry as a whole.

Top Bottom