Do you obsessively check your smartphone?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Personally I think cell phones caused a huge slump in good manners, and good manners were already suffering badly. Do I have a cell phone? Yep. Texting is blocked and only a handful of folks ( family members and some medical facilities) have the number. I don't use it in public, never when driving, and ignore any calls not from family, others can leave a message. Of course I treat my landline the same way.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Personally I think cell phones caused a huge slump in good manners, and good manners were already suffering badly. Do I have a cell phone? Yep. Texting is blocked and only a handful of folks ( family members and some medical facilities) have the number. I don't use it in public, never when driving, and ignore any calls not from family, others can leave a message. Of course I treat my landline the same way.

I haven't had a land line since the early 1990's, but yea I have a policy that my kids aren't allowed to text me, they actually have to "call" me if they need to "talk" to me, because that's all they'd ever do is send those stupid little snippets of text.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    I haven't had a land line since the early 1990's, but yea I have a policy that my kids aren't allowed to text me, they actually have to "call" me if they need to "talk" to me, because that's all they'd ever do is send those stupid little snippets of text.

My child won't be allowed to use any of the devils technology. Nor will he be allowed to adapt to the changing times. If he wishes an audiance with his father he'll ride to me upon horseback or send a messenger as such. Only then will I allow my moat to be crossed. Should he or his messenger approch me without powdered wig in place, either shall be quickly dispatched with my dirk or by one of my archers on high.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I called the mothership to have texting disabled - like others have said, email is good enough.

I wouldn't call my smartphone use "obsessive." It's a tool that I regularly use, however.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009

That is going to be my policy as well. :yesway:

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I still have a flip phone. I'm waaaaaaaaaay behind the times. We have a land line too, because our cell service and the phones themselves can be spotty.

Sometimes I think it would be nice if we could go back to the days before cell phones.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    I was in France for a few weeks where I had no mobile data, so I didn't check me phone very often. Went from there to a few more weeks in rural South Africa, where I mostly had no cell signal at all, and it broke me of the phone check habit entirely.

Now that I am back in the US the thing is already starting to annoy me, to the point where I may join you technophobes.

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    i used to check it all the time....before i accidently ran over it with the truck. My new phone sucks and I still have like 8 months before my contract is over and i can actually afford a cool phone again

Top Bottom