Do you own a firearm chambered in .22LR?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you own a firearm chambered in 22LR?

• Yes

Votes: 310 91.2%
    • No

Votes: 4 1.2%
    • Bacon - because it’s delicious

Votes: 26 7.6%

• Total voters

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Simple enough question. I have made the comment that “everyone who owns guns has a .22”. While that may have been somewhat true in the past, I can’t say that is the case anymore. There are a lot of new gun owners out there with the small/medium sized handguns being popular for new buyers. Since I have to assume INGO is semi representative or at least made up of gun owners……..

(All valid polls include bacon. But I assume Bacon lovers also like their rimfire. Not liking bacon is weird. Not owning a .22 is weird.)

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    A couple of my favorites, made famous as laser rifles in the movie Spaceballs.

full[img]
    Calico M100 x2.JPG

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I wish I had a lot more than I do. I only have a Remington 552 Speedmaster. I`d thought about selling that thing, but, I bought it in 1980, brand new, the same year my twins were born, and I`m pretty sure my son wants that thing when I pass. It still looks brand new, and I`ve killed a TON of squirrels with that thing, and even a coyote, and I had sling swivels installed and it has a nice little Leupold 2x7 on top of it.

I wish I had another couple really high quality .22 rifles and several fun to shoot .22 revolvers...

Attachments

• Remington 552 Speedmaster.jpg
      Remington 552 Speedmaster.jpg
      1 MB · Views: 16
    Last edited:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    "do you think this is a silly question" should have been a possibility as well as bacon. I promise you there is a substantial number of people that don't. LOTS of new terrified gun owners that only own one center fire pistol and have no idea how to use it.
    I agree with everything you said. And this probably sums up my question better then how I asked it. I see a shift in “gun ownership”. Gone are the days of a persons first gun being a .22 to learn marksmanship. Today it seems a persons first trek into becoming a gun owner centers around concealed carry or self defense. That isn’t necessarily bad. Just a paradigm shift of sorts.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I wish I had a lot more than I do. I only have a Remington 552 Speedmaster. I`d thought about selling that thing, but, I bought it in 1980, brand new, the same year my twins were born, and I`m pretty sure my son wants that thing when I pass. It still looks brand new, and I`ve killed a TON of squirrels with that thing, and even a coyote, and I had sling swivels installed and it has a nice little Leupold 2x7 on top of it.

I wish I had another couple really high quality .22 rifles and several fun to shoot .22 revolvers...
    I picked this up for about 100 bucks at my LGS and refinished it to give to my oldest grandson for his 12th birthday. It's a Stevens Model 87D (another gill gun). It was made in 1959, same year I was born. :)

ZZQyU5T.jpg

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I picked this up for about 100 bucks at my LGS and refinished it to give to my oldest grandson for his 12th birthday. It's a Stevens Model 27D (another gill gun). It was made in 1959, same year I was born. :)

ZZQyU5T.jpg
    Your oldest grandson is one lucky kid to have you for his grandpa. Which means that all of your grandkids are blessed to have you.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom