Do you own a Sig 365, 365 Xl, G48, or Hellcat?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I've got an rmr that has had the same battery turned on for 3 years now.

I've had a rear sight fall out of the dovetail and I didn't know until I took it off my waist at the end of the day, my first carry gun a g2c,. Then I had a factory glock rear sight be half way out before I found it while taking a mid day dump.

So far in my 6 years of carrying, 3 years with a carry optic pistol I've had more sighting failures out of traditional sights than a quality red dot. I change my carry battery every Christmas.

I'll put money on it that after a day at the range with a good optics instructor you'll be faster and more accurate with the dot than traditional sights. My irons are visible through the window in case Thor decided to hammer the glass out of it, but that's not going to happen.

It's amazing how easy a red dot makes transitions and engaging multiple targets.

Yeah...Taurus factory sights and the cheap polymer dovetail protectors that Glocks come with are not exactly my benchmark.

I have been shooting handguns for over 30 years and am plenty fast and accurate. Congratulations on your apparent luck with today's pistol red dots, I've read plenty of experiences that seem to suggest otherwise. And I've got too many pistols to be replacing them all with new ones that support RDS, just to gain maybe a fraction of a second of speed in a fantasy John Wick scenario. Keeping it simple with the same sights is far more important to me. I'm certainly not going to stick an RDS on a P365, thus defeating the purpose of the weapon. If I'm adding bulk to a carry pistol, it's going to be in the capacity department.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I think I saw Parabellum in Avon had a Hellcat on the rental wall. We added a Hellcat to the stable a few months ago and she's a keeper. Very impressed with it.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    I like my 365. I'm not driving tacks with it, but everything hits in a small enough area that it should serve well in an SD situation. Trigger guard + pocket works great and I just picked up a new holster so I don't have to be as particular about pocket sizing on my shorts.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    For a pocket pistol I used a 9mm S&W Shield before I switched to a Sig P365 with a 12 round magazine.
    The P365 is the same size and very close in weight, but with a with 12 round capacity.

Top Bottom