• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Ran into an old coworker a couple of weeks ago. We were talking guns and he mentioned he was selling a few. I asked which ones. SKS, Mossberg 500 and a Springfield XD .45. I asked about the 45 and he said $250. I said "Thats all?" He said yes.
    It's barely used. Everything comes with it, box, mags (2) etc. I tell him I'll call him in a few days.

So I get to the gun shop to do the transfer (his rules, I'm fine with that. Plus he paid half of the transfer) and it's an XDm!!!

I kinda feel bad BUT I did ask him several times that $250 was all he wanted. He did buy a 1911 while I was leaving. He makes good money and wasn't in need of the cash. Just didn't like the XDm.

Your thoughts.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Alot can be said about favors for friends. I've had friends sell me safe queens for a fraction of what they could get for them on the open market because they wanted it gone and werent hurting for cash. I agree with another poster... If you still feel bad, buy him a restaurant gift card so he and his SO can have a free date nite as a thanks.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Sounds like the previous posters have some good points/ideas. It also sounds like you gave him ample opportunity to realize he may be under valuing it and he went through with it anyway. The gift card idea sounds good.

JeepArn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Avon
    Agree with the above. Who knows, maybe you've done something for him at some point. And it might have been something you're not aware you did and this is his way of telling you thank you!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Agree with the above. Who knows, maybe you've done something for him at some point. And it might have been something you're not aware you did and this is his way of telling you thank you!

This is possible too. We got into an "argument" with some relatives over a dinner check tonight. We had done them a favor this afternoon and not thinking about that, we tried to pick up the check to pay for both parties. (We felt like we owed them a dinner or two and wanted to try to pay them back a bit). They took exception because they wanted to pay us back for that favor. So you bring up a possible angle as well, JA.

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    You gave him what he wanted, so what the problem? If it makes you feel better get him some ammo for his new 1911. Things always come around and go around. If your buddy asks for some help one day, return the favor.

1861navy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    That's pretty cool of him to give such a good deal. The gift card is nice, or maybe buying some ammo or range time, if it's bugging you?

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I would say, just don't use him to buy his guns cheap and then flip them. That would p*ss me off if someone did that to me. He most likely knows the market and was just giving you a deal.
    If I gave a buddy a deal, knowing full well what I could get out of it, then they bought it and sold it for a profit it would make me mad. I rarely give "buddy" deals anymore, sometimes, but not often.

Contender

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2014
    Lawrence County
    I would say thanks, be happy and help that friend if he ever needed it.

I sold a gun last fall that I could have gotten $100-$150 more out of. It was a Winchester lever gun and even though the market says they are worth more they are not in my mind. I had this gun for awhile and hated to part with it, I could just not make it shoot to my satisfaction after years of trying I had enough of fooling with it. Had a friend that wanted to use it to deer hunt and wanted to buy it for a couple of years. I gave him a deal and was happy because it went to someone I knew would put it to good use. I was happy about giving him a deal. After all, I set the price not him. And as a side note, he tried a lighter weight bullet than I ever had and the thing shoots great!

Other times people just price stuff low because they want to move it and are happy with that amount. Wish I could run into some of them deals, have not for a long time.

Top Bottom