• ...and so much more!
  • Do you try to get involved?

• Total voters

Lakefield22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2008
    Just wondering how many of you get involved in the political process, and if not, why?

I have attended city council meetings to speak for or against certain issues, I've written letters to State Reps, Senators and Congressman, I've even on occasion attended political events and fund raisers in order to just have a chance to speak with our elected officials. However, I'm really beginning to feel that I am wasting my time, though maybe not for the reasons most people might think. It isn’t that I feel I am ignored by politicians but that I am alone in my petitioning and expression. It seems quit rare that I hear of or encounter other pro-RKBA and pro-property rights minded people. In fact, I have been told by one state rep (not from Indiana) that I and the NRA were the only contact he had from anyone on the RKBA. I have attempted to organize letter writing campaigns and organize rallies but rarely does anyone respond. Even when I worked with the NRA-ILA, I was disappointed by the turnout. I have to say, I have very little faith at this point in us retaining our rights simply because I don’t see people changing their ways. It seems I am more likely to find people who want to bury their guns in the backyards than fight the battles that are in front of them now.

Anyway, rant off.

Rattlesnake46319

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    Just speaking for myself - I use the ballot box and the soapbox because I really don't want to resort to the third option. Also, I truly believe that the majority of Americans are not willfully ignorant, they are silent. Despite what the media tells you, the majority believes in "live and let live".

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Yes to the top three. I've been to Buyer's office many times, but he never seems to be there. hhhmmmm

Hmmmm, he has 3 district offices and a DC office, which one do you go to , and do you expect him to be at all 4 simultaneously? Hmmmmmm? Have you asked for an appointment or gone to any district work days for Q&A? Hmmmmm?

Top Bottom