• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EPD1102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Evansville
    If a friend asks I usually accomodate but friends seldom ask.
    If a stranger asks I politely decline.
    If a cop asks I comply.

Very well stated. I wouldn't hand my gun over to someone whose experience and intent I'm not familiar with. If they really want to see it, I tell them that they can bring some ammo to the range sometime and I'll let them see it and shoot it in a controlled environment; at which time, I'll be carrying something different.
    It amazes me how willing some people are to hand over their gun. My son and I were at a small, rural general store recently where a guy was carrying open. I have seen the guy quite a few times but we have never really had the opportunity to talk. To make conversation one day, I asked him what he was carrying. He immediately drew it from his holster and handed it to me with his finger on the trigger. I stepped to the side without trying to offend him and declined the offer. I told him I was just being curious but didn't need to actually see it since we were in a store and I might like it so much that I'd want to take it outside and shoot it (In an attempt at humor) He held it in his hands for a few seconds before re-holstering.
    To me, it's kind of like offering your wife to someone just because they happen to mention how pretty she is.

JBob77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Scott County
    I Like to let everyone I can handle mine. Then it has their fingerprints on it in case......... Well, nevermind.

I would only show to someone I know, unloaded, in an appropriate time and place.

LuckyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I've never had anyone ask me. I don't OC very often. Heck I can count the amount of times on one hand. The only time I've ever let anyone see it was at a friends house but it was cleared and he's shot with me multiple times.

I haven't been "caught" CCing so I've never had to deal with that issue. If an officer asked I would comply. I've never been in that situation either though.

Gareth

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If a total stranger should invade my space and asks to pet my pistol, which is always concealed in public, I'm going to quickly back away from them and tell them, "No".

I never display my carry pistol in a public place to anyone. If an acquantance requests permission to checkout my pistol in public, I'll tell them they can later in private.

Chances are if I were to reveal my carry piece to someone in public, I wouldn't get ten steps afterwards before being stopped for questioning by two or more boys in blue here in Terrible Haute... And I was recently informed by a reliable inside source that the T.H.P.D has at least three certifiable whackos in their department who would rather beat an armed citizen to a pulp rather than respectfully communicate with them. Then our local anti-gun media reps would step-in to demonize the armed citizen while praising "our heroes in uniform".

whackmaster66

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Brownsburg
    I cc but No one ever knows... I would never let a stranger touch my my Glock.. The only ppl that have touched or shot my Glock has been my 12yr old daugther and my wife... But i would let some of my closest friends look and handled it if they ask...Only after i have cleared it first....

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I show mine quite often, I OC about half the time but won't remove it from the holster unless I'm planning on using it.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    To me that is a simple absolute no. For me to show it (allow another person to hold it) would require unloading it. I would never unload my carry gun in public. My family is smart enough not to ask and anyone else...well they aren't family and I wouldn't trust them that far.

Now if you ask me at the range to see any gun I am shooting and I will happily oblige...just don't ask to see the guns I am wearing.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Downtown Fort Wayne
    Never in public, except at a range or gun store.
    Only after having removed the mag, clearing the chamber and double checking it.
    I enjoy sharing and checking out other peoples gear, it's one of the best ways to find out what I'm going to buy next.:draw:

Daniel686

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    Terre Haute
    If im carrying outside the home and a stranger asks me to see my gun! Well im going to tell he or she no!! But if one of my friends or family would like to see my firearm, well sure! A lot of my family and friends carry and shoot. And if i was at the range i would be more than happy to let you see my firearm.:ar15:

Top Bottom