Do you support land invasion against ISIS?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Commit U.S. troops to land invasion to fight ISIS?

• Total voters

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    I support our guys holding outside the free-fire zone and, after the carpet bombing and Puff gunships finish with the area, sending them in to shoot the survivors. Move and repeat.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Did I miss the part where the "invasion" furthers a coherent, comprehensive American foreign policy? A description of how it furthers America's interests?

I mean, I could get behind it for several reasons. It would be helpful if our leader could articulate his own reasons.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I support our guys holding outside the free-fire zone and, after the carpet bombing and Puff gunships finish with the area, sending them in to shoot the survivors. Move and repeat.
    Ok that is definitely in the "Yes" category.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Now, the President is seeking a Congressional "war powers" bill to put boots on the ground to fight ISIS. Is this what you want?

Good grief, no. I want the undermining for the reason ISIL exists. Destroy their reason to fight and we have no enemy and we have no need to send 19 year olds into intractable wars.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    I see only one way to win it. Go at it as hard as possible, no rules, no limitations. Eradicate this threat for good. Get it over with so the world can move on. Will this happen? Of course not!! This country has lost its will to actually fight and win a war. There are too many people now that live in their bubble and dont care one bit what happens over there. They honestly dont think it will ever affect them. If these people are allowed to become huge and control the middle east, it will be horrible for every single country on the earth. We either take care of it now and great cost, or let it ride and pay the ultimate cost.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I see only one way to win it. Go at it as hard as possible, no rules, no limitations. Eradicate this threat for good. Get it over with so the world can move on. Will this happen? Of course not!! This country has lost its will to actually fight and win a war. There are too many people now that live in their bubble and dont care one bit what happens over there. They honestly dont think it will ever affect them. If these people are allowed to become huge and control the middle east, it will be horrible for every single country on the earth. We either take care of it now and great cost, or let it ride and pay the ultimate cost.

This is exactly the way I see it.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Me too....and since that won't happen, I voted "no".

So you meant YES, but only on certain terms... Still a yes you would support grounds troops, but only under certain conditions. I think a lot of the "no" votes are like that. I almost voted no on the same concept, but in the end its a pretty black and white question, so I put yes, and then explained what I would like to see should ground troops be sent.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    There should be boots on the ground, but there's no reason they need to be American boots and feet. Let the regional actors go and do the stomping for once. We're not the world police, nor should we be. It's past time for Turkey, Jordan, Saudi, the UAE and all the other regionals, (Israel included) to get their **** together and send THEIR people into harms way for once.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    So, reality being what it is, there's basically no support for our boots on the ground in Iraq. If who our president happens to be factors into whether we should go to war or not, I say that plays heavily into just how much of a threat ISIS really is.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Boots on the ground? ..... NO
    (a little vague of a question, as current political mindset stands.... no)

Missiles in the air to diminish the ability of Daesh to project power? .... YES

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    So, reality being what it is, there's basically no support for our boots on the ground in Iraq. If who our president happens to be factors into whether we should go to war or not, I say that plays heavily into just how much of a threat ISIS really is.

I agree... If its important enough to send US citizens in to put their lives on the line to fight, its important enough to not matter who the POTUS is.

Top Bottom