Do you think Schools are going too far??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brick House

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Plainfield IN.
    I have a Neighbor that was a senior in High school last year, and he and I went deer hunting one weekend during shotgun season. He got lucky and took a real nice buck. When I went to help him drag the deer out , I found the spent slug shell on the ground under his treestand, and picked it up and put it in my pocket. once we field dressed the deer and loaded it in his truck, we headed to the check in station. At that time I pulled the spent shell out of my pocket and put it in his cupholder. later the next week, while in school he was called to the office and the principal and two police officers were there, and the principal was holding the spent shell in his hand, and told him he was suspended for the remainder of the school year for violating the school firearms policy. A teacher was doing a random parking lot check and saw the shell in the cup holder and called the police and they broke into his truck and tore it apart looking for a shotgun, that wasnt there. I thought this was TOTAL B. S., and felt responsible since I put the shell in the cup holder. I'm all for keeping schools safe , but Dont you think that was a BIG over reaction ???

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Indoctrinators.

I do not believe our indoctrinators, er....educators are paid to think. They are to just pass along the indoctrination they received in our institutions of higher learning. :rolleyes:

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    It's been said on here before but zero-tolerance policies allow incompetent school administrators to pass blame to a piece of paper. Furthermore they don't have to use common sense on a case by case basis.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I think it would be lawyer time, and as much as I hate lawsuits, there comes a time when a person has to stand up and say "I am not going to take this anymore".

Lewis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Our freedom and rights are being attack by those who want to protect us. So they say.........................When I was in school we carried pocket knives and had some respect for others.....sure there were fights and bulling, but no one ever really got hurt, maybe your ego......Things are changing for worst.:patriot:

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    That's way beyond unreasonable. When you hear the term zero tolerance, and then something like this, well the school administrators are complete fools.

This is what state education is all about anyway. Not really education as much as conditioning.

Add one part hysteria to two parts control and mix together feverishly and you get a cocktail I like to call overbearing government.

Communist schools are horrid.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Our freedom and rights are being attack by those who want to protect us. So they say.........................When I was in school we carried pocket knives and had some respect for others.....sure there were fights and bulling, but no one ever really got hurt, maybe your ego......Things are changing for worst.:patriot:

When I was in school, it was not unusual to see several pickup trucks with shotguns and or rifles on racks in the back windows parked in the school parking lot. And that really wasn't too long ago.

fire259

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Brown County
    I graduated in 97 and myself and some of my friends would have shotguns on racks in the back windows of our trucks during deer season and it was fine. A few times they were even brought into school for "show and tell." Funny thing, there were never any shootings or even shooting threats at school then.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    I think it would be lawyer time, and as much as I hate lawsuits, there comes a time when a person has to stand up and say "I am not going to take this anymore".

I agree with the lawyer time.

Reminds me of the speech from the network - "I'm not going to take this anymore".

Love it.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    So, where is the kid now? Did they keep him from attending school the rest of the year? Did he attend an alternative school?

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    That's a bit much... I'd want to see their "policy". seems to me that a spent casing is a h*ll of a stretch to a firearms violation! Schools are getting a little over zealous in their "zero tolerance" policies. I mean this is Indiana, hunting is a normal occurance and many people under 18, therefore still in HS, hunt... current administrations don't understand that it's not the people with empty shell casings in their pick-ups that are the problems! arrrggghhh, I hate stupid doctorine! :xmad:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    As someone else said, schools are nothing more than indoctrinators, Pumping out government dependent, obedient cattle, or attempting to, anyway. Fortunately, a lot of kids still have minds of their own, and will quickly wash the filth of public schools off themselves upon completing the "mandatory" training. A lot, not all, but a lot of school teachers and administrators should be ashamed of themselves and what they are doing to America.

ftbstrd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Yorktown/Muncie
    too far???

Yes they are beating our kids down with their liberal ways wanting the young to be easily controlled!
    My 9 year old was sent home for having a tore up bullet from the dirt pile at the range! Not the whole round only the destroyed bullet! :noway::noway:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Things like that make me wish I could homeschool my little girls. We could even have a marksmenship class built into the day.

Could? Or would? ;) Do it; come over to the dark side. :D

This is but one of the many, many politically motivated reasons I am choosing to educate my children. If they're going to be indoctrinated, it's going to be by someone they love.

Yosarian87

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    NWI
    Style_1p

So having your daughter wear this would be grounds for suspension or possible expulsion?

Top Bottom