• Total voters

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Why or why not?

I'll start. I say they do. Why would any data freely given be thrown away? Furthermore, if the feds will spy on Americans while violating the 4th amendment and lie to the Senate intelligence committee they will likely violate these laws.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Why or why not?

I'll start. I say they do. Why would any data freely given be thrown away? Furthermore, if the feds will spy on Americans while violating the 4th amendment and lie to the Senate intelligence committee they will likely violate these laws.
    The gun shop keeps that info, until such time they close up shop, and then its taken over by the feds. As long as a gun shop has control, the feds have all the access they need, and no wasted manpower housing the records. I do not know if they retain the info as it is called in, but I am sure that it wouldnt be far fetched at all to think they did.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The gun shop keeps that info, until such time they close up shop, and then its taken over by the feds. As long as a gun shop has control, the feds have all the access they need, and no wasted manpower housing the records. I do not know if they retain the info as it is called in, but I am sure that it wouldnt be far fetched at all to think they did.

This is correct. Even though it has been against the law since the NICS was started.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Yes, the feds keep 4473s. They are scanned in and stored digitally in West Virginia.

Why? Because the ATF told us that this is what they do in 1995. No one but me cares.
    Seriously? Definitely something I think I'd like more information on, or do you just not do purple?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Seriously? Definitely something I think I'd like more information on, or do you just not do purple?

Feds scan in 4473s and create a database of gun owners and the guns that they have purchased. Not just from closed gun shops but also programs for "assault rifles", e.g. "Operation Forward Trace".

I have discussed it on INGO before. ATF admitted this in 1995 on national television.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Why bother with them if they were not keeping them on file? I cannot believe there are people that have doubts.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Feds scan in 4473s and create a database of gun owners and the guns that they have purchased. Not just from closed gun shops but also programs for "assault rifles", e.g. "Operation Forward Trace".

I have discussed it on INGO before. ATF admitted this in 1995 on national television.

Isn't it illegal to create a national database?

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    Yes, the feds keep 4473s. They are scanned in and stored digitally in West Virginia.

Why? Because the ATF told us that this is what they do in 1995. No one but me cares.

They also require dealers to keep their records for 20 years. And if the dealers do not want to keep them, they must surrender the files to the ATF.

But they only hold onto it for 20 years. And do not permanently store anything.

Top Bottom