• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I do not. I understand why most would, but let me explain why I dont.

Since October of 2007 Ive been forced to get a haircut every single weekend. Keep in mind, I said forced.

Disclaimer: Im not complaining or want sympathy or any of that crap, Im just bored and wondering.

So I have to pay $7 every weekend for a haircut that I dont want, so I dont tip. If I got the haircut voluntarily I would tip, but I dont. Sometimes I feel guilty for not doing it, but then I realize I just paid for a haircut I didnt want.

Am I wrong for not tipping?
    Do you tip your barber?
    What requirements must the barber meet to be worthy of your tip?

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I always tip the hairdresser. How much depends on how much I like how well they cut my hair.

Is it the barber's fault you have to get a haircut every week? Do they do a good job every week? Why don't you just cut your own hair if you are getting it cut weekly?

HCRMPD1

Marksman
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Shelbyville
    First, I gotta know....how are you forced? Are you under 18 and your parents make you?

To answer your question, I do not tip my barber..... I am married to her and it takes no talent to run a #2 blade around my mostly bald head.

Tsigos

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Yes. It's not your barber's fault that you are "forced" to get a haircut.

812guns

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Columbus Indiana
    I thank you for your service. I know I would not like to have to do something everyweek but its not your barbers fault. Dont not tip because you are forced to get a haircut. Tip because they give you great service.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    But you volunteered to join the Marines knowing that you MUST keep your hair short to military specs.

How'd I know that was coming:rolleyes:

So why should I tip? The haircut always sucks, because its a stupid haircut to begin with, but I just dont see the point. Maybe Im just disgruntled.:dunno:

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    And just to give more from my point of view, the barber shop is like a Fantastic Sams. Theres around 15 barbers in there and about 5000 marines a week running through there. Oh, and the wait is usually somewhere in the 30 minute time frame.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    But you volunteered to join the Marines knowing that you MUST keep your hair short to military specs.

I thank you for your service. I know I would not like to have to do something everyweek but its not your barbers fault. Dont not tip because you are forced to get a haircut. Tip because they give you great service.

This, a lot of places have a trim up cut, you get your hair cut say Monday and the next Monday you can get a trim or clean up for like half off... Or do what I did... Learn to cut your own hair.... Or find a friend that can but don't take your anger out on the barbers paycheck if he does good work.

When it comes to a tip it depends on how much I like the service you provided and if you were a jerk or not....

I know at least one person that tips his barber/stylist fairly and he never has to wait... He walks in and suddenly he is next in line... When I used to work for tips I was the same way... I took care of the people I k we that tipped fairly or well first... Partly because they were paying me for that really.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I get mine cut every 2 weeks for the Army, and I still tip. As others stated, if its a good job, then tip. I don't want them jacking up my head, so I dont mind the extra couple bucks.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    How'd I know that was coming:rolleyes:

So why should I tip? The haircut always sucks, because its a stupid haircut to begin with, but I just dont see the point. Maybe Im just disgruntled.:dunno:

I'm not saying you have to tip... thats a personnel issue. What I'm saying is that you "volunteered to join the Marines knowing that you MUST keep your hair short to military specs". so your forced hair cut was kinda something you knew you had to do.

Edit=blue....

By the way.... when I was in the NAvy... we got our hair cut for free on the ship... Just thought I'd rub that in...:):

Last edited:

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    I go to a Sport Clips. I like it infinitely better than the Great Clips across the street. Yes I usually have a $2 off coupon and tip $2. I've been known to not tip on the rare occasion that I do not like the haircut for whatever reason, although I don't think that has happened at the Sport Clips.

Top Bottom