• ...and so much more!
  • handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    Wow.. yes you tip them.

Unless your humping the barber... aka girlfriend / wife... just give extra service later.

Seriously if they cut your hair the way it is to be cut... and ita a good job.. reguardless if you like the spec cut. Dont be a douche nozzle

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I was at Camp Pendleton for 3 years, I found a GOOD barber, in O'side, a Hispanic, if I remember right, and I ALWAYS had him cut my hair, and ALWAYS tipped him.... unless I was BROKE... He did an OUTSTANDING job, and I told him so ..... I volunteered to JOIN, and I followed the rules .... some of the BEST years of my life ..... ( now that they are over).

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I was at Camp Pendleton for 3 years, I found a GOOD barber, in O'side, a Hispanic, if I remember right, and I ALWAYS had him cut my hair, and ALWAYS tipped him.... unless I was BROKE... He did an OUTSTANDING job, and I told him so ..... I volunteered to JOIN, and I followed the rules .... some of the BEST years of my life ..... ( now that they are over).

If I went to a barber of my choice, and continued to return to that same barber everyweek, I would no doubt tip him/her. However, the only place near MCBH (Marine Corps Base Hawaii) that gives mil cuts is the on base barbershop where they run you through like sheep getting sheared just to keep the wait time below an hour. No customer/barber relationship<<(not that kind of relationship:nono:) whatsoever.

Like I said, Im really not complaining to anyone or anything, just wondering y'alls thoughts on it, and I enjoy a good controversial conversation.;)

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    you're getting a haircut for $7 and it's not a buzz...if it's better than you can do yourself
    you should tip them...before you start getting bad haircuts.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    I used to get my hair cut at the local old school style barber here in Kokomo, Jeffs Barbershop. I would always throw another $5 in with it. Not many places left that know how to use a straight razor without killing you anymore.

Unfortunately, I've had start cutting my own hair again due to the economy. Thus, you'll usually see me wearing a hat. :D

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    when i had hair i would tip...... now i just shave it and go all mr clean or kojack.

i wouldnt tip someone to trim a dead tree

jake

herby31

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    fort wayne
    I'd say if its the on base guy, you get the discount for bringing in a platoon's worth of buddies. It always just seemed too monopolistic to me, and they never tried as hard as barbers out in town who had to do good work or go out of business.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    As long as I get my regular barber, yes I will tip him ($4 on an $8 haircut). OP,In your case, I would switch to a head shaving. You hate the current haircut, you hate being bald... You got to pay for the hated haircut, but shaving your head is free.

The only time I didnt directly tip him was when he said Obama was his #1 choice, but I knew my tax dollars would make it to him, and I considered that the tip. Wait, no, I forgot, my barber is VERY Conservative.

Caldad

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    If it were me, I'd go online and search "barber supply (your city name)" and find a place to buy professional grade clippers. You can get them a cheap as $50... a real good set will run $100. Find a buddy that's also tired of paying, and cut each others hair. I got tired of the trips to the barber, it always seemed like a waste of time and money. My wife has been cutting my hair for years. The blades last a long time, but will need replacement about every year with how much you'd use it... you know when the clippers start to pull your hair a little on occasion when getting a cut. 15 cuts, and a set of $100 clippers will have paid for themselves.

The other option (especially if you need/want to do it yourself) is simply shaving your head... just don't use a cheap disposable like "bic". Tried that once, may as well have used a chain saw. I have thick hair, and one good quality disposable blade does the trick (need a new blade each time I shave my head). This method would also save you money.

Good luck. Thanks for your service!

Top Bottom