• Do you wear your seatbelt?

• Total voters

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Yes and it has saved my life. 10 years ago I was in a very bad accident, my truck was smashed between 2 semi's on a highway. Even with my seatbelt on I deformed my steering wheel, broke my sternum, 2 ribs in my back, my left leg and had a pretty bad head injury (took about 2 months to get my "mind" back, even though sometime my wife doesn't believe its back :D.) I have no memory of the accident and very little memory after my stay in the hospital for quite a while. The semi that T-Boned me extended almost 2 feet into my truck and was on my left shoulder when they extricated me from my truck (which took about 25 minutes). Without my seatbelt I would have died that night.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Yes and anyone who is in the vehicle with me will also! When I was a kid, my dad would stop the car if I didn't have it on. There has only been a few times I have taken off without it on (I worked right next to railroad tracks, and heard the train, floored it to get over the track before the gates came down and then put it on).

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I certainly won't deny that the use of a seatbelt is a good idea. I simply choose not to most of the time. I'd also be lying if I said my rebellious nature had nothing to do with it.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    I guess if you get hit by the train, it really won't matter if you have the seat belt on! :dunno:

At least you wouldn't die because of not wearing your seatbelt. :D

I ask because I see lots of people in Indy who don't wear seatbelts. I don't have a problem with it. I have been known to not put one on but the majority of the time I do. Many vehicles I've been known to cruise in also are farm vehicles or 40's fire apparatus...so no seatbelts.

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    wear one! it's good for you :D
    it also will protect your passangers. if you're in an accident and get thrown into them it could be very bad!
    sometimes i just jump in the car and don't bother, but i always make sure everyone else riding in the car has one on..
    i guess this is where practice what you preach would come in handy..

moosebag

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Indiana
    images.jpg

:noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I don't most of the time. I do it in zones where there is plenty of police patrols just because I don't want to be delayed. I have had at least 15 seatbelt tickets over the years and I hate this law with my entire being. I am an adult and I am making my choice the rest of the world needs to back off and mind their own business.

December 16, 2008, I driving a vehicle that flipped end over end twice and rolled once more sidewise. I was not wearing a seat belt and was unscratched. My wife was wearing it and she was badly bruised by the seat belt. Perhaps I was just lucky.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I do because I am too tight to risk getting ticketed. otherwise I probably wouldn't. I resent the gubmint intrusion on my privacy. It's my body, my choice...

Top Bottom