• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I recently had an illness and went to Med One, been there before due to my GP being on vacation or out for the weekend. Been twice in 3 yrs. My youngest kid maybe twice also.
    The docs there never in person or on paper asked about any guns.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    This was big news in gun publications back in the '90's. It was at that time being pushed by Indiana's own Riley Hospital as a "safety measure" "for the children. Riley had received a big grant from a Soros group to push this nationally and formed a "gun violence policy center."

They're still at it:

Firearm Safety | Riley | IU Health

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Don't want your individual liberties stripped?

Too bad... You're just going to have to get over it. The greater good is at stake. Think of the children!

PS Dr. Pullen can go to Hell

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    The benefits are too big. You all just need to get over your concerns.

Why there needs to be a national healthcare information database

Man, I was worried until I read that article! What could go wrong with the Feds controlling all those medical records? I made 5 complete copies of my medical records just before I deployed to Iraq. It's a good thing I did because the military lost 4 of them AND my original medical records (30 years worth). Yeah. I'd trust the feds to hold my records. It's not like the VA hasn't lost over a dozen laptop computers with patient information on them over the last 5 years or so. Nope. Nope. Nope.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    3obrt2.jpg

ghunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    nap-town
    When my kid was a new born, our pediatrician asked the gun question and then asked why I had one. I told him it was to protect my baby.

I stayed strong on the gun issue, then totally got suckered into giving my kid a rota virus shot. D'oh!

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    My brother ran into this and when pressed by my brother the Doctor said, "Well I am only concerned about your childrens safety." My brother responded by saying, "You didn't ask about whether we have a pool, what kind of bathtub we have, whether he has a bike, a skateboard, whether we live on a busy road, what kind of vehicle we drive, etc...All of which cause more accidental deaths than firearms among children so don't feed me that AMA BS!"

The Doctor felt like a tool.

Ken H

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2012
    So much for doctor patient confidentiallity!!! Suppose everything said in the confessional may one day be accessible on the internet too. Don't think so, What do they take us for?

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I am not sure so I will throw this question out there.
    What if you did tell your dr. you had a gun and later on you are diagnosed with some mental disorder? Just as example you tell your dr. that you feel kinda "moody" sometimes so he decides you could be Bi-polar. Could the dr. then report that you have a mental disorder and own guns to the authorities. For your own protection of course.

doctrpt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Cope, IN
    The doctor can ask all they want. You decide which information you divulge and what information you do not. It is all up to you. And, all you have to say is, "I do not see that as pertinent to my medical history. Next question." You addressed it, and they received an answer. No one can make you answer anything, and no one HAS to have all of the information. Since 9/11/01, we have given away more personal liberties that at any time in American history. Both sides of the aisle and many more are to blame. I don't have to be a part of the problem, but by safeguarding my information, I can be a part of the solution.

Top Bottom