• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I couldn't find the stats for multi years and various state but here is some data on causes of death and how they compare.

1. Car Crash
    ~44,000 Deaths / Year
    2. Falling
    ~15,000 Deaths / Year
    3. Poisoning
    ~9,500 Deaths / Year
    4. Fire
    ~3,700 Deaths / Year
    5. Drowning
    ~3,500 Deaths / Year
    6. Choking
    ~3,200 Deaths / Year
    7. Complications with Medical Procedure
    ~3,000 Deaths / Year
    8. Firearm Discharge
    ~1,150 Deaths / Year
    9. Getting Hit by a Car
    ~1,100 Deaths / Year

Hmmm, medical profession almost 3 times more dangerous than guns???!!!

Where's the outcry to ban doctors?:n00b:

(The above statement contains sarcasm for those that are sarcastically challenged)

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    and who is saying you don't? I was responding to JetGirl and others. Tell your doctor whatever you want. You won't be the first to lie to them.

So now refusing to answer that line of Questioning by a Doctor or medical staff 'is a Lie' ? Control is Incremental, 1st ask the questions, track the answers, then Inform. I'm sure that Hermann Goering, Joseph Goebbels', and or Josef Mengele were all misunderstood and only concerned for the Safety of the Children

Reno316

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Muncie
    9 pages to invoke Godwin's Law.

Is that a record?

Nobody is required to tell their physician (or nurse, or paramedic, etc.) the truthful answer to ANY question. You aren't under oath like in court or anything. Lie all you want.

Or, better yet, tell them "That's none of your bidness" and "Next question?"

Or find another doctor.

Or quit going to the doctor entirely.

I don't have a problem with the physician asking me the question. I answer "It's none of your business, next question" and that's that. I also don't have a problem if the physician or nurse or whomever said "I encourage you to put in some consideration about firearm safety" and leave it at that.

I won't be told by a non-shooter how to be safe with my firearms, much as I won't tell a physician how to do surgery.

However, I can't find fault in my daughter's physician expressing concern for their safety.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    So now refusing to answer that line of Questioning by a Doctor or medical staff 'is a Lie' ? Control is Incremental, 1st ask the questions, track the answers, then Inform. I'm sure that Hermann Goering, Joseph Goebbels', and or Josef Mengele were all misunderstood and only concerned for the Safety of the Children

deleted. who cares.

Last edited:

Emodude

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 7, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Its goverment control man, The more information they can gether on you the more they can use it against you. It seems like the goverment is doing nothing more than lowering us to a 3rd world country. Remeber that the goverment can at anytime take everything away from you and there is nothing you can do about it, casue most of the population wants the goverment to make there choices for them

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I wonder what crawled up Sarge's rectum today.

Obama, I've had it with Marxists, Progressives and supposed Americans who fail to Stand Up for America. As Ben Franklin stated, “We must all hang together or we will all hang separately.” This election is much to Important to throw away. The progressives are invasive in every facet of our lives as Americans. It's time that we let them know that we have rights and will stand up for them. Political Correctness is a Cancer eating away at America and I'm sick to death of the excuse, I'm just following orders when Our freedom is at stake :patriot:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    With all due respect, you do understand smoking is bad for children (and everyone else), right? It is pertinent information to a doctor.

I disagree.
    When I go to the doctor for an exam, it is to have the condition of my body checked, much like having your car maintained.
    I do not expect the car mechanic ask me the condition of the roads, or which roads I drive on. Or the parking lots, or if it's kept in a garage?
    I expect an answer such as, everything is good. Or, you need to have your kidney looked at. etc.

If it was pertinent, then what about just going to my house and inspecting it? Looking for every single dangerous thing.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I disagree.
    When I go to the doctor for an exam, it is to have the condition of my body checked, much like having your car maintained.
    I do not expect the car mechanic ask me the condition of the roads, or which roads I drive on. Or the parking lots, or if it's kept in a garage?
    I expect an answer such as, everything is good. Or, you need to have your kidney looked at. etc.

If it was pertinent, then what about just going to my house and inspecting it? Looking for every single dangerous thing.

Scientifically relevant factors, such as smoking, alcohol use, age, diet, family history, etc; are proximal to any number of health conditions.....both curative, as well as preventative.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I couldn't find the stats for multi years and various state but here is some data on causes of death and how they compare.

1. Car Crash
    ~44,000 Deaths / Year
    2. Falling
    ~15,000 Deaths / Year
    3. Poisoning
    ~9,500 Deaths / Year
    4. Fire
    ~3,700 Deaths / Year
    5. Drowning
    ~3,500 Deaths / Year
    6. Choking
    ~3,200 Deaths / Year
    7. Complications with Medical Procedure
    ~3,000 Deaths / Year
    8. Firearm Discharge
    ~1,150 Deaths / Year
    9. Getting Hit by a Car
    ~1,100 Deaths / Year

The article you linked to says "Gunshot wounds account for one in 25 admissions to pediatric trauma centers in the United States, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics."

Whether you agree that the question should be asked or not, I think we can all agree that small children and easily accessible firearms are not a good combination.

dt420

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    NW
    They don't ask about cleaners, electrical outlets, power tools, etc.
    They can keep their nose out of my business, and give the kid an exam. That is what they are being paid for.
    I don't fix electronics, then ask people about the condition of stuff in their house.
    Actually my daughters doctor did ask about locking cabinets to keep household cleaners away from her, and about keeping our outlets covered. They also asked about dogs, sharp corners, and anything a toddler that is learning to walk can pull down on themselves.

When he asked about firearms I just said no. It was as easy as that. I also told him all of my outlets were covered when at that point they weren't.

dt420

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    NW
    The article you linked to says "Gunshot wounds account for one in 25 admissions to pediatric trauma centers in the United States, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics."

Whether you agree that the question should be asked or not, I think we can all agree that small children and easily accessible firearms are not a good combination.

+1. I agree.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    We are friends with our pediatrician and his head nurse. Took the girls in for their check up and he asked the question about guns both times. Said it was a network requirement to ask but I didn't have to answer.

I'm not sure why anyway is afraid to answer. You most likely have a LTCH so what .gov information are you worried about being obtained?

I said yes, several.

I'm not going to be ashamed of exercising my rights and I'm not going to lie about it.

I wore one of my camo hunting shirts to an appointment one time. My doctor (knew him in high school) asked if I've been able to get out and said since they had another baby he hasn't been able to. He mentioned wanting a new shotgun for clays but hasn't asked me once if I own any...maybe because he knew I did back in high school or maybe because he doesn't think it is any of his business.

Top Bottom