• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jdmcx

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2012
    So I go to the doctor, cause the wife thinks I might have sleep apnea. Have an appointment for 8:30 get the check in desk and was asked how many people in my household? I answer. What is the total income of the house hold? I lie. THEN SHE ASKED ME IF I OWN ANY FIREARMS? told her no. Then she says "I'm going to have to go ahead and run your insurance" like if I don't have any. Must be because I was the only one in there who HAD to pay a co-pay and also the only one who spoke English. This was not my first time here and they had all my insurance info on record tell me why everyone else after me were not questioned. :xmad:

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    If its your first visit in a new year they frequently ask to see your insurance again. At least that's what happens at my Dr.
    I would have told them to shove the gun question.
    I'd be looking for a new Dr.

Jdmcx

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2012
    since our insurance changed and increased I might add this is the only doctor in the network all the others are toward K-zoo.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    So I go to the doctor, cause the wife thinks I might have sleep apnea. Have an appointment for 8:30 get the check in desk and was asked how many people in my household? I answer. What is the total income of the house hold? I lie. THEN SHE ASKED ME IF I OWN ANY FIREARMS? told her no. Then she says "I'm going to have to go ahead and run your insurance" like if I don't have any. Must be because I was the only one in there who HAD to pay a co-pay and also the only one who spoke English. This was not my first time here and they had all my insurance info on record tell me why everyone else after me were not questioned. :xmad:

I would tell them it's none of their f-ing business if I own any firearms or not.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    I really feel this is an initial step in getting healthcare and insurance regulated through firearms. Have a firearm? = worse insurance or an added insurance cost. Pushing law abiding citizens to DISARM due to living costs. Cowardly and sneaky, seems custom fit for Obama's agenda.

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    get use to the probe about guns one of the new exec orders as well as obamacare encourage the gun questions. It use to be only Peds(do to commie national assoc. of pediatrics) and psych. were the only ones that asked about guns but its a brave new(nosey) world get use to it. And remember no one ever lies to their Dr. I dont eat salt, red meat, drink, or own guns and those facts are probably well documented in my records as anything you ever say to a health care provider is well charted.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I went to the doc about month ago, nurse came in and asked all the usual Questions Then asked the firearm question, told her nope wouldn't have em in my house! After I left and got into my car , looked in my rear view mirror and yup, had my NRA hat on! Oh well,

half-glocked

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I went to the doc about month ago, nurse came in and asked all the usual Questions Then asked the firearm question, told her nope wouldn't have em in my house! After I left and got into my car , looked in my rear view mirror and yup, had my NRA hat on! Oh well,

Love it.

How did she react when you said you wouldn't let firearms in your house?

:popcorn:

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    My Dr. is a gun owning Libertarian. He works in a St. Vincent practice so it's got the no guns sign on the front door. He knows I own and carry but has never asked.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Why lie? Why not say "SEVERAL"

This. :yesway:

Are you ashamed of your firearms? I'm not.

Time for Psych class.

We're Hoosier - born to be polite. It's hard to say "no" when someone asks us something. But when people ask for information we don't want them to have, you should feel comfortable in saying something like, "confidential", "private" or "no comment". Practice this next time you're at Best Buy, or where ever, and they ask for your phone number or ZIP code.

Usually, the question is, "what's your phone number" instead of, "May I have your phone number." You can't readily say 'no' because it doesn't fit the question, grammatically speaking. Subconsciously, you mind thinks there's a question that needs answering, I have the answer so I must provide it. You're already past the point of deciding if you want to provide the information or not - that was decided for you by the cashier (or nurse).

If you feel uncomfortable about the question then you should pause and take control of the conversation until you are in control again. It's your information and you have the right to say when and who you give it to. It takes some skill and practice to be able to do this with authority and not brute force.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Was this the shirt you wore?

KGrHqZpQE9eDpFHIBPjZeGmY9Q60_1_zpse7135ebe.jpg

bigo334

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    Greenfield
    Went to the doctor last week cause I was really sick, and got asked the question I laughed at the nurse and when I realized she was serious I looks at her and said "What you don't exercise your second amendment right?" She didn't say anything.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    It's none of my doctors business if I have guns. They'll have to leave that chapter a mystery in my book. None of his or Obamas business.

Top Bottom