• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    TLDR: Looking for a review of my understanding of an Indiana Code and Indiana Administrative Code. Dealing in agriculture. Looking for recommendations.

I have learned to actually read things. With this farming thing I have been reading quite a bit. Mistakes on various state agencies web sites about the Indiana Code (quotes are incorrect, repealed sections sited, etc).

So now I am at a point where the IC says one thing. The Administrative Code says another, UNTIL you read the references used under that IAC. Which reinforces the code - making the IAC not relevant.

Good luck getting the gov to say “yes, you have an exemption”.

I know this is a little vague. But saying too much here before I have everything solidly lined out won’t help anyone. Planning ahead as I should have this all lined up this week.

We know who to call for 2A help. Where or whom do I contact for agriculture legal help?

Not a farm Bureau member but I should be

Thanks

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Yea, my experiences w extension have not been great. The gov publications are frequently out of date, contradictory, and/or not helpful.
    Purely in defense of county ag agents, I’ve delt with 4 in 2 different counties. It seems to me they are primarily an educational resource, crops and livestock, for instance. I believe crossing into legal advice may be something they either can not or for their own reasons will not do. Now this is just my personal observation and as always I could be entirely mistaken.

The fellows I’ve interacted with have been top notch as it pertains to forage crops and livestock issues.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom