• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Last month I went down to Dallas to participate in a documentary being produced by a gentleman associated with the Libertarian Party in Texas concerning some of the law enforcement issues that we often discuss here.

The plan is to put out short versions of the interviews (Your Obedient Servant and two other contributors) based on subject matter and crowdfund the project to get the funds for the finished product.

I herewith submit the first installment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XojsngIY7M

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    TRUE STORY;

My father-in-law deciding to buy a car, walked to his bank and took out cash. He then walked from the bank to the dealer and put down cash for the car he wanted. Next he sat down in his new car to take a little ride before taking it home to show the wife. By the time he got home he was just in time to meet a wrecker, a sheriff and several other officials who were there to relieve him of his brand new car!

Before they would leave he had to prove his employment, show his bank and tax records, all to prove that the money in cash was his. Elapsed time between withdrawing cash and loosing car was about 4 hours. In the end they did let him keep the car letting him off with a warning.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    The thing was produced at his family's market research firm. I was being taped at several angles by installed cameras in a testing room.

Don't you think that angle made the best use of the light reflected off of my head?
    :p

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    TRUE STORY;

My father-in-law deciding to buy a car, walked to his bank and took out cash. He then walked from the bank to the dealer and put down cash for the car he wanted. Next he sat down in his new car to take a little ride before taking it home to show the wife. By the time he got home he was just in time to meet a wrecker, a sheriff and several other officials who were there to relieve him of his brand new car!

Before they would leave he had to prove his employment, show his bank and tax records, all to prove that the money in cash was his. Elapsed time between withdrawing cash and loosing car was about 4 hours. In the end they did let him keep the car letting him off with a warning.

A warning for what.

I have paid in full for new cars before but always with a check.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    A warning for what.

I have paid in full for new cars before but always with a check.

It was told to me by a scandalized embarrassed and angry old man later the same night so the specific facts are kind of sketchy. Pops was left with the impression that it was illegal to be in possession of unexplained cash and it could be forfeited, sort of like the guy was saying in the video.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It was told to me by a scandalized embarrassed and angry old man later the same night so the specific facts are kind of sketchy. Pops was left with the impression that it was illegal to be in possession of unexplained cash and it could be forfeited, sort of like the guy was saying in the video.

Thats nuts.
    I have traveled across state lines with 30K in cash to buy a car more than once.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

While Im not "that type" but it further reinforces the old saying "never talk to a cop". They are NOT your friends. (Present company excluded of course)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Hehehehahahahahahah......not so much.......:)

Going to look at a car to buy as yet un-seen you bring enough cash but also want to work the right deal. Cash in hand goes a heck of a lot farther than a check.

I'm with you church, I suspect that if I had been present the whole deal would have gone down pretty ugly. Pops is the timid, good citizen don't make waves type. Me personally, I was smelling a fat settlement check from the incident.

Top Bottom