Charger.jpg
    Angel eyes...you can thank BMW

Glock_Man_21

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Avon
    The worst thing about them is having to work on them, you wouldn't believe some of the stupid things they do. Example had a PT Crusier that needed a rear wiped motor and after it was replaced had to use a factory scan tool to clear the code for having a bad one before the new one would work.

3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    Ford applied, but didn't take any. They pulled the ads because they made, um, "somebody" look, um, "less than awesome", and were informed that that was not to happen if they knew what was good for them.

Ford Gets $5.9 Billion Government Loan | Fox News

Ford Takes $5.9 Billion Government Loan

Officially, official: Ford gets $5.9b from DOE in ATVMP funds for 13 greener cars
    Im not bashing any brand in particular. But Ford DID take a govenment loan. There is no disputing that.

They did so at a different time than Chrysler and GM, and stayed out of the spotlight. I have alot of family that works for Chrysler, several friends that work for GM and a few friends that work for Ford....my Chrysler and GM people are all factory worker...the Ford people are much higher up. I dont want this to be a "a guy I know told me" conversation...hence the links.

Facts are facts. Ford may have survived without them, but none of them EVER should have been bailed out....nor should the banks. Capitalist societys are built by companies that succeed or fail. On their own.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I stand corrected. I didn't understand them to have taken any, but all that "green" crap makes it even worse. Yes, when they fail, they should fail. That's (part of) the motivation to succeed. When this whole house of cards is flat on the table, I can only hope those with initiative can tell the nannies to stuff it.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Just so nobody forgets, Chrysler required a billion dollar loan from the government in 1979 to stay in business then.

not exactly.

Chrysler got the loan from someone else, the federal govt simply guaranteed the loan, ie I guess you could say they co-signed.

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    You are not alone my friend.

2009 body style Chargers in my opinion are fair. 2011's on the other hand look totally **** to me. If I ever find a good price on one I will not be hesitating on it.

As far as everything else in the Dodge lineup.. I opted for my 2004 GMC Envoy SLT 4x4 over 2009 Dodge's in near fully loaded flavor, that's bad for me since I do like to have a "newer" vehicle. The Envoy is spot on though, even if it isn't the prettiest thing on the road

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    thumbnail.aspx

had one of these when i was in high school ('85 diplomat). although this isn't a pic of mine, it had the same color scheme. you can't tell me that this wasn't a fine looking automobile...

p.s. my wife had an '08 avenger until recently and i was never happier to be rid of a car. it never failed on us, but for some reason i had no confidence in it at all. although in the spirit of this thread, i didn't think it was a bad looking little car.

Top Bottom