• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • garyindiane

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Bright, Dearborn County
    If we are talking about which retro Muscle is best...

stang.jpg

/Close Thread

Typical Ford... The wheel fell off :D

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Actually, it's worse than that. GM used TARP money to "pay back" the bailout, so it was just a shell game. .Gov still owns about 1/3 of the company. It's still failing just as much as it was, but it's doing it with our grandchildrens' money instead of its own. They just put a bandaid on it in hopes of putting off the inevitable until this misadministration is either repudiated or secure.

On a lighter note, I missed the 5L GT Mustang by a year, but I'm too old to go any faster than the one I got :) Ooh, and it's black, too, with a Kalashnikitty on the side window.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Our NEW, replacement President's first job:

Put PONTIAC BACK INTO BUSINESS!!. Hire ONLY American citizens, and watch that marque fly out of the show-rooms!! Pontiac was not Rambler or Hudson!
    I wouldnt have a Dodge or anything from that welfare car company.

FORD is the only way to go.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Gotta agree with the BMW M cars! even the non m cars :)
    If I had to buy an American car I would pick ford. Not sure which car, but it would be Ford. Same as trucks... Ford for my trucks...

But since I do not have to buy or pick a new car... the M5 will do me just fine!
    Nothing like having a 4 door sedan with 400hp and a 6 speed...

BURNSURVIVOR725

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Vincennes
    It is much easier to pay back loans wehn you file for bankrupcy, wipe away billions in debt to suppliers and creditors immediatly, which cause your suppliers to go belly up, and cause more job losses.

Yeah go GM lol

At G.M., Repaying Taxpayers With Their Own Cash - NYTimes.com

Also easier to paypack your loans when you dont even use your own money. What GM did was equivalent to me starting a paypal account and making it mandatory that every year INGO members put in X amount of dollars and then when I have enough I pay off my mortgage. They took tax payer money, put it into a business owned escrow account, and used that to pay their debts.

BTW I like that paypal idea, every INGO member should have to pay $5 a year. Lets set that up, too bad I dont have the .gov forcing it.
    i was not refering to GM. GM sold its soul to the government. Chrysler filed bankruptsy to break the union contracts that were bleeding them dry the Fiat stepped in as the majority shareholder and payed off Chryslers debt.
    looks like a toy. a very fast toy.
    but mopar isnt what it used to be.
    Im Very excited to see the direction the SRT team heads down now that Ralph Gilles is CEO. that and the possibility of SRT getting technology from Ferrari wont hurt either.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I wish I could say I like the car above.... But I cant. It's ashamed the interior is made out of lower quality materials and will squeak and leather will show wear marks after a few thousand miles...

3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    Brand bashing is fun...all of the big 3 took loans from the government. There is a reason ford pulled their "we didnt take a bailout" ads.

GMs styling is bland IMO and their quality is lacking, (see-wheelweight brake fix on Camaro, Cruze steering wheel falling off, and the forgotten Sonic brake pads) Ford makes a decent car...nothing I love though, and Chrysler...well, they are what Chrysler always has been. A smaller, company that under performs and over charges.

That being said....
    Charger.jpg

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Ford applied, but didn't take any. They pulled the ads because they made, um, "somebody" look, um, "less than awesome", and were informed that that was not to happen if they knew what was good for them.

MrPeabody

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    Hamilton County
    New 5.0 Mustang outruns both the Camaro and Challenger, while costing less and getting better MPG.

Ford FTW!

2011-Ford-Mustang-GT412-hp26-mpg.jpg

Plus one on the Mustang. I designed the seat safety sensor for this vehicle in the job I just left. This an the Boss were so much fun to drive. That is what I am going to miss most.....

Top Bottom