• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Too bad it's still a Dodge

It's actually not a Dodge. You will not find the word "Dodge" on any newer Ram truck. The brand is "Ram" not "Dodge."

My '05 does not say "Dodge" on it anywhere. Not on the tailgate, doors, or interior, not on the hood badge--nowhere.

It does have badges for Cummins, Laramie, heavy duty, the Ram logo and Ram 3500 on the doors, but the word Dodge does not appear.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I love my LB7 6.6 Duramax. 23 MPG in a 3/4 ton ext cab truck is pretty doggone nice. At just over 230K, I've still got quite a few more years of service yet. By that time, maybe a Ram can figure out how to put a body on a truck that will outlast the OEM tires. :):

reesez

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chevyville
    I love my LB7 6.6 Duramax. 23 MPG in a 3/4 ton ext cab truck is pretty doggone nice. At just over 230K, I've still got quite a few more years of service yet. By that time, maybe a Ram can figure out how to put a body on a truck that will outlast the OEM tires. :):
    I would love to have a reg cab duramax chevy, but they are so expensive.

It's actually not a Dodge. You will not find the word "Dodge" on any newer Ram truck. The brand is "Ram" not "Dodge."

My '05 does not say "Dodge" on it anywhere. Not on the tailgate, doors, or interior, not on the hood badge--nowhere.

It does have badges for Cummins, Laramie, heavy duty, the Ram logo and Ram 3500 on the doors, but the word Dodge does not appear.
    QFT, dodge announced that a while back that the Cummins would not have dodge on it anymore in order to still have the option for that engine per renewed contract with Cummins.

The S-10s had itty-bitty Isuzu diesels in them.

If Cummins could produce a motor that only weighed a half ton, they would be putting them in 1/2 ton trucks:D
    Cummins does have a LDD. It is the 3.9 4BT and they even have a common rail version. However they do not put them in any trucks. they only weigh about 700 lbs, about as much as a fully dressed BBC. There is a guy in Greenfield who swapped a 3.9 4BT in a 05 Silverado RCSB and made it in Truckin cover story. its pretty nice.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Exactly. The trucks I used to drive with the 6.2L, with a light load would regularly get high 20s to almost 30 mpg on the highway- and that was pretty impressive back then.

My boss had an '84 GMC Sierra 1500 6.2L that had 295,000 miles on it when he passed, and the heads and pan had never been off it, though it was on its third injection pump and probably 4th set of glow plugs.
    Yeah, those 6.2's sure love to eat glow plugs. Dad still has a truck with a 6.2 in it... He's gone through quite a few sets of glow plugs. The reason they burn out so often is because of the way the truck "senses" that the glow plugs need to be on. There is a wire from the alternator to the glow-plug switch. No voltage hitting that wire means it tells the glow-plug switch that the truck isn't running and to keep cycling the glow-plugs. So if something happens to that wire or the alternator while the engine is runnig it will cycle the glow plugs continuously and burn them up. Dad finally got tired of it and hard-wired the glow plugs to a momentary push-button under the steering column. Hasn't burned out a set of glow-plugs in years.

My family has gone through a bunch of 6.2 trucks. At one time we (my family) owned 4 at the same time. Currently in the family is one remaining 6.2L, 2 6.5L, and a 6.7 cummins.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Yep, that's right.

On my bosses truck, eventually they disconnected the glow plugs from the ignition swithc and put a push-button on the dash....which he proceeded to overuse and burned out another set. He never plugged the block heater in, so in the winter (Grand Rapids, MI), he would just sit there holding the glow plugs on forever, try to start, hold them on again, try to start, etc.

I have to admit, at 295,000 miles, Creampuff (as the truck was called), was starting to get compression that only gas engines would find adequate.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County

Oops my mistake. I meant too bad its a :

©2013 Chrysler Group LLC. All Rights Reserved.
    Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram, SRT, Mopar and the Pentastar logo are registered trademarks of Chrysler Group LLC.
    FIAT is a registered trademark of Fiat Group Marketing & Corporate Communication S.p.A., used under license by Chrysler Group LLC.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield

Oops my mistake. I meant too bad its a :

©2013 Chrysler Group LLC. All Rights Reserved.
    Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram, SRT, Mopar and the Pentastar logo are registered trademarks of Chrysler Group LLC.
    FIAT is a registered trademark of Fiat Group Marketing & Corporate Communication S.p.A., used under license by Chrysler Group LLC.

For a second I thought maybe Dodge figured out its best marketing approach would be to not put its name on it. LOL:D

Top Bottom