Does anyone else not care about what happens in Syria?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Streak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Maybe this is cruel, but too many of my friends and family have came home in flag draped boxes. I don't care that the area out there is using chemical weapons on each other. I don't care if they destroy everything they have. It should be up to Egypt, Saudia Arabia, Israel, and other top middle east nations to calm **** down.

arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel
    Agreed. We need to mind our own business and stay out of foreign lands who pose no threat to the people of this nation. I don't understand what business we have had involving ourselves in any of the wars since WWII.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Yes, I care. I have the same sentiments. Fortunately, it looks like an overwhelming number of Americans feel the same way.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Maybe this is cruel, but too many of my friends and family have came home in flag draped boxes. I don't care that the area out there is using chemical weapons on each other. I don't care if they destroy everything they have. It should be up to Egypt, Saudia Arabia, Israel, and other top middle east nations to calm **** down.

Well, I would certainly rather they all behaved themselves, so I can't say I don't care at all. But I also don't want us to get involved. The middle east needs to start solving some of its own problems.

arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel
    Well, I would certainly rather they all behaved themselves, so I can't say I don't care at all. But I also don't want us to get involved. The middle east needs to start solving some of its own problems.
    A better said expression of my own sentiment.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    We have no interest in syria, china russia and iran all said they will jump in against us if we attack them. They used chemical weapons, ok, i have no problem with muslims killing each other no matter how they wanna do it. Until it threatens the u.s., its nothing to us. In fact we should let them continue killing potential threats to the u.s. and we should be on TV daily telling the story of how horrible these muslims are. This is a great moment to show the world how they are awful and we are the good guys. if we attack that just makes the middle east even more pissed at us. plain and simple.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I care. I think people being attacked with chemical weapons is an abominable thing. I also think intervention there is not our job and not in the best interest of our country. We do not need to fan the flames of hatred of the US in the Middle East.

How would we feel if some foreign power disapproved of some action of our government and decided on a strategic missile strike to teach us a lesson? We would all be thinking "it's none of their business...who do they think they are" and we would be looking for a payback.

Of course our military-industrial complex will lose some potential income should Congress vote as I would like them to, but we won't add the deficit by more war costs. I suspect congressional lobbying by defense contractors has already begun. It is sad that war has become one of largest exports.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    One thing which puzzles me about the whole deal is why we have to play the world's policeman in Syria, when we did jack-**** in Cambodia. Assad isn't even in the same league which Pol Pot was.

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I will join the consensus on the issue: It is a truly reprehensible thing to use chemical weapons, but we have nothing to gain and much to lose--after all, both sides are sworn enemies of ours.

Also noteworthy is that the attack may well have been the handiwork of the rebels as [STRIKE]we[/STRIKE] the Kenyan prepare(s) to retaliate against Assad for it.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    One thing which puzzles me about the whole deal is why we to play the world's policeman in Syria, when we did jack-**** in Cambodia. Assad isn't even in the same league as Pol Pot was.

Excellent point. I would also like to know why Obama screamed up a lung at the injustice of using the military against those responsible for killing over 3000 of our people on our soil but can't wait to use the military to punish one group of our enemies for killing about 1000 of another faction of our enemies, and likely is preparing to strike against the wrong side on the bargain.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'll keep the unanimous sentiment going...I care--from a humanitarian standpoint; I care from the standpoint of how this unrest will affect oil prices and our economy; and I care for the fear of how this unrest may continue to spread and destabilize the region and maybe further. But for us to go in militarily to settle this is a fool's errand. I'm thinking we ought to let the Syrians solve this themselves.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    It may be that obamessiah is trying to "look" like an effective world leader cause he damn sure as hell ain't an effective American leader. Remember, you can bull-5hit some of the people some of the time but you can't bull-5hit all of the people all of the time!

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    It's not that I don't care what happens over there. It's just that I think it should happen without our country's participation. I don't think we need to pick any fights, we have enough of our own to fight. Could be a big mistake. I don't like it.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I haven't read any of the news stories. I find it laughable that Obama is going to Congress asking for approval for War when he was probably totally against Iraq and Afghanistan. I wonder if those Syrian chemical weapons came out of Iraq as we telegraphed what we were going to do for a month or more as Bush tried to get 'permission'. I recall comments about Iraq shipping their stashes to Syria years ago.

I care....but not sure I'd be willing to send my daughter there. The thing is...if we don't do anything, I have to wonder if my daughter's generation will be on the ground there after the next 9/11 happens out of Syria.

So I guess I'm on the fence...but I doubt Obama has enough brains in his entire staff to figure out how to do this. He couldn't plan a Labor Day BBQ w/o a teleprompter.

Oh wait, he'd be eating burgers and dogs and his wife would be telling us to eat small amounts of chicken.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Saw today he wants a vote from Congress. I guess the Brit's voting it down gave him pause. No one in America wants to intervene in this deal. I hope Congress votes no and contacted my Rep and Sens to voice my opinion to not get involved.

Top Bottom