• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    Our TV viewing habits have definitely changed over the last few years.

We had never seen a single episode of "The Wire" until it had already completed. Someone bought me the Season 1 DVDs for Christmas a couple of years ago. We watched them all back-to-back, went to buy Season 2, back-to-back, ....repeat process through all 5 seasons.

Then we had never seen a single episode of "Breaking Bad" until about a month ago. Started watching on Netflix and watched the first 4.5 years in about 2 weeks. Then we kept up on TV for only those last 8 episodes.

It turns out that I really like watching an entire season of a show in a just a few days. I'm not sure why, but I do this with several shows now. I still have the last season of "Dexter" on DVR and haven't watched it yet. Will probably tackle it next week.

Does anyone else enjoy just powering through an entire season or series back-to-back like that?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I do this with Netflix shows all the time. Why wait a week between episodes when you can binge and watch them all over in just a few days or weeks.

Here are some shows I've power watched on Netflix:

Arrested Development
    The League
    Louie
    Archer
    Orange is the New Black
    Top Gear
    Blue Planet

Breaking Bad is next.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We rarely get involved with a series until it hits re-runs and they do a marathon on a Sunday. Takes to long to develop the characters if you go week to week. I usually know in 2 episodes if I will give any more time to a series.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I am a addictive personality so it fits with my lifestyle perfect.

I will get on a netflix binge every once in a while. Nice for a rainy weekend or one with lots of little house chores to do.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    We've done this before...Sons of Anarchy was our latest. I started watching it last season and then the wife got interested and we had to catch up.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    We recently watched all the episodes of the Sopranos. Never watched it when it was on originally. Some days 4-5 episodes a day. It is a lot easier for old people like us to keep up with the plot this way. Now we are making our way through NCIS.

BuddieReigns

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Muncie
    Also Oz rules if you haven't seen it. Especially if you like Law and Order: Svu because half the characters on SVu were in Oz and other people from Oz make appearances on SVU randomly.

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    A fellow INGOer introduced me to Parks and Recreation. One episode and Mrs. loudpedal wouldn't go to bed on time until the first two seasons were finished.

Others include: Trailer Park Boys, and Southbound and Down. Both of these she said were childish, and crude EVERY time she watched them non stop. ;)

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Absolutely. When I was an over-the-road trucker, I'd find myself stuck all weekend waiting to deliver on Monday. I watched the entire series of MASH one weekend. Still get a season of Friends jn now and then.

Top Bottom