Does Anyone Give A **** About The Origin Of The Virus?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    Ditto on the deliberate release... If they were "launching" this out into the rest of the world, it would have been better "distributed"... like via trade representatives whose counter parts would like come in close contact to foreign leadership, for example.

And, mutations occur randomly... think of a slot machine. How many times do you see all the 7's but not lined up for a jackpot... lots compared to the number of jackpots.

Where are the SARS-CoV-2 near misses in nature? And, haven't they been looking at bat viruses for a long time? Where are all of the "close but no cookie" viruses that this came from naturally?
    Well assuming facts not in evidence, let's just say it was intentional... look what the affects have been.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    All I know is pangolins
    Is the pangolin still involved in the 'official' explanation/progression? One of those papers I mentioned also showed pangolin ACE2 receptors to be quite dissimilar to human ones, so that a virus circulating in pangolins I would think would be unlikely to mutate in that environment such a way as to be highly effective at targeting human ACE2 receptors, as such a mutation would give it no reproductive advantage and would not be selected for. Again it would be instructive if research was being done to show whether the pathway from pangolin to the virus' pandemic form were possible or likely

Intermediate species
    Coronaviruses are zoonotic viral diseases, meaning they are passed from animals to humans, and while in the animal, the virus goes through a series of genetic mutations that allows it to infect and multiply inside humans. Although the coronavirus is thought to have originated in bats, this doesn't mean it was directly passed from bats to humans.
    https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-from-bats-to-pangolins-how-do-viruses-reach-us/a-52291570

I mostly leave it to you guys to become unpaid epidemiologists and virologists :)

I have plumbing to do and and old truck to get running!

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    All I know is pangolins

https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-from-bats-to-pangolins-how-do-viruses-reach-us/a-52291570

I mostly leave it to you guys to become unpaid epidemiologists and virologists :)

I have plumbing to do and and old truck to get running!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7405773/
    COVID-19: Time to exonerate the pangolin from the transmission of SARS-CoV-2 to humans

Abstract
    The emergence of COVID-19 has triggered many works aiming at identifying the animal intermediate potentially involved in the transmission of SARS-CoV-2 to humans. The presence of SARS-CoV-2-related viruses in Malayan pangolins, in silico analysis of the ACE2 receptor polymorphism and sequence similarities between the Receptor Binding Domain (RBD) of the spike proteins of pangolin and human Sarbecoviruses led to the proposal of pangolin as intermediary. However, the binding affinity of the pangolin ACE2 receptor for SARS-CoV-2 RBD was later on reported to be low. Here, we provide evidence that the pangolin is not the intermediate animal at the origin of the human pandemic. Moreover, data available do not fit with the spillover model currently proposed for zoonotic emergence which is thus unlikely to account for this outbreak. We propose a different model to explain how SARS-CoV-2 related coronaviruses could have circulated in different species, including humans, before the emergence of COVID-19.

Which, of course, raises the question of why enhanced affinity for human ACE2 receptors would or could be selected for by circulation within pangolin

Good luck with the chores. Hope your better at plumbing than you are at unpaid virology
    :)

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Nope.

COVID-19: Time to exonerate the pangolin from the transmission of SARS-CoV-2 to humans

Which, of course, raises the question of why enhanced affinity for human ACE2 receptors would or could be selected for by circulation within pangolin

Good luck with the chores. Hope your better at plumbing than you are at unpaid virology

ParkerBoy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    50 Lakes
    Years ago, when I was in College, I had an Environmental Microbiology class. The Professor who taught the class had worked on Biological Weapons for the Army at Ft. Dietrich, MD during WWII. He told us a lot of interesting things, but the one I remember the best was........"For every weapon we worked on, right across the hall they were working on the cure.".......When the U.S. stopped working on the weapons, the work on the cures stopped, too!

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5SRrsr-Iug

May have been posted already, couple months old at this point, but a pretty good episode of Bret Weinstein's podcast laying out some of the evidence for the lab origin theory without definitively confirming or debunking it. It also predates the newer stuff with Dr. Yan.

My TL;DR as a person whose wheelhouse is very far from biology/virology:

-They argue that the lab capability exists in Wuhan and many other places in the world to conduct gain-of-function modification on viruses, which could be consistent with CoV-2's remarkable success in jumping to humans and accomplishing high transmission rates.

-Cost and expertise level necessary to accomplish such a thing is lower than you might think, and research of this kind happens all the time with less oversight than you might think compared to something like atomic energy research, which answers to the IAEA. There's no IAEA equivalent enforcing responsible practices in virus research.

-There are previous coronavirus samples from several years back that are possible candidates for the original virus that might have been subjected to gain-of-function modification.

-There are theoretical paths by which CoV-2 could have acquired these mutations naturally, possibly through an intermediate species (the pangolin theory comes up), but the chances of the right bat meeting the right pangolin meeting the right human at exactly the right respective times are extremely slim. Now, due to the large sample size of...the world, extremely unlikely events happen with regularity, but it's worth interrogating whether this was really a natural black swan event or whether the likelihood is low enough to justify considering a human-involved origin.

It just sucks that nobody is allowed to discuss these actual questions without being censored and accused of pushing some wild Chinese bioweapon theory. Lab origin hypothesis can be true without being a "Chinese bioweapon" intentionally released to disrupt the world or whatever. It could just be a simple lab accident.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Ditto on the deliberate release... If they were "launching" this out into the rest of the world, it would have been better "distributed"... like via trade representatives whose counter parts would likely come in close contact to foreign leadership, for example. IMO, released through incompetence but "managed" for maximum effect.

And, mutations occur randomly... think of a slot machine. How many times do you see all the 7's but not lined up for a jackpot... lots compared to the number of jackpots.

Where are the SARS-CoV-2 near misses in nature? And, haven't they been looking at bat viruses for a long time? Where are all of the "close but no cookie" viruses that this came from naturally?

Seeding their own population with a manufactured virus in an effort to spread it globally through international travel provides the ccp with some measure of plausible deniability. Being a totalitarian state, they could much more easily implement measures to stop the spread of the virus than could democratic western countries that they consider an impediment to their designs on geopolitical dominance.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

The pangolin? Time for some facts on on it. :laugh:

[video=youtube_share;mbnBYh-BJ1g]http://youtu.be/mbnBYh-BJ1g[/video]

voidsherpa

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    NE
    I'm of the stance it doesn't matter why it has happened, you deal with the situation at hand. You do not cry it away w/ lies like Trump is pretending to do. You rise to the occasions and deal with it as best you can because that is reality.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm of the stance it doesn't matter why it has happened, you deal with the situation at hand. You do not cry it away w/ lies like Trump is pretending to do. You rise to the occasions and deal with it as best you can because that is reality.

WITAF are you on about. Seriously. Be clear here please.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Some people can't handle the truth...

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012

Should we have had the same reaction when the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor, or al-Qaeda killed thousands of Americans on Sept 11 2001? If indeed the Chinese did this purposefully, it is an act of war. We should get to the bottom of it, not sweep it under the rug to avoid difficult decisions.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Should we have had the same reaction when the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor, or al-Qaeda killed thousands of Americans on Sept 11 2001? If indeed the Chinese did this purposefully, it is an act of war. We should get to the bottom of it, not sweep it under the rug to avoid difficult decisions.

In WWII 291,000 Americans were killed. We are QUICKLY approaching that same number from this chinese attack, and estimates are that it will be DOUBLE or TRIPLE that amount. That is a lot of dead Americans without a single shot fired, or declaration of war.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    In WWII 291,000 Americans were killed. We are QUICKLY approaching that same number from this chinese attack, and estimates are that it will be DOUBLE or TRIPLE that amount. That is a lot of dead Americans without a single shot fired, or declaration of war.

IF EVERYONE keeps buying Chinese goods and products the problem will go away.

Top Bottom