Does anyone know why the viewers of the NBA finals are so low???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Professional sports forgot that they are simply entertainment and thought they were something more. They are not.

There are few thousand years of history that contradict that. In fact, many sports have origins from political or social origins. Even from the 20th century on, that hasn't been universally true.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    You understand it, as testament to the part I bolded. If it's not controversial to you, it's ok. Think (concerning past generations) Max Schmelling Vs Joe Louis; not controversial.... Jackie Robinson entering MLB; controversial. The escape you mentioned, is only valid when you agree with the politics you're being exposed to. People are never upset when their social structures or beliefs are given a platform...NEVER; but when an opposing view is, then it's "Why is this team forcing this SWJ crap down my throat? I just want to some time to relax, and watch the game!"
    First, who here was alive and watching sports for either of those two events? You left out Jack Johnson.

Second, I'm surprised you would compare those two events with the current BLM stuff. While they were socially groundbreaking, I would not characterize them as political per se. The current stuff is totally political.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    i hope those Prima Donnas learn their lesson, and go bankrupt.

Maybe after we skip a cycle, from the forced 'rona lockdowns, new leagues will be formed with participants that understand their jobs and who is paying their salaries?

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    First, who here was alive and watching sports for either of those two events? You left out Jack Johnson.

Second, I'm surprised you would compare those two events with the current BLM stuff. While they were socially groundbreaking, I would not characterize them as political per se. The current stuff is totally political.
    Also, before the current wave of political expressions in professional sports, I'm unclear as to what social structures or beliefs were given a platform that we were ignoring.

sixGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 24, 2020
    Grabill
    I'm not a sports fan, but to me, it seems after a day of politically heated topics infiltrating every waking moment of your life the last thing you want is it in your chosen form of entertainment.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

You may be right to a degree, but I cannot separate Noteworthy events that transform the social landscape from the politics that always follow. Sports has, in modern times, typically been at the forefront of those changes. Sure you don’t think that the addition of Jackie Robinson into MLB, was a lesser polarizing event to whatever causes today’s athletes engage?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    You may be right to a degree, but I cannot separate Noteworthy events that transform the social landscape from the politics that always follow. Sports has, in modern times, typically been at the forefront of those changes. Sure you don’t think that the addition of Jackie Robinson into MLB, was a lesser polarizing event to whatever causes today’s athletes engage?
    It was a societal upheaval, not a political. This current stuff is totally polarized along political lines, much of it is based upon incorrect or misleading information.

Jackie Robinson didn't go in front of the media and talk about how people should think. He went out and did his job and showed that he was every bit as qualified to be doing it as any of the white men already playing. He showed class and professionalism in the most difficult situation. He faced real racism on a daily basis and still managed to excel. He was truly a role model and a hero.

These guys are spoiled millionaire children. They parrot what is trending and it makes them feel even more important than they already did.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Does anyone know why the viewers of the NBA finals are so low???

Featured_31-Recruiter-Memes-Thatll-Make-You-Laugh-1200x474.jpg

picard-laugh.jpg

j-jameson-laugh-~-caption-free-19223232.png

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Between the SJW and the CCP indebtedness/investment the NBA has pretty much cooked it's own goose. How does it go "lay down with dogs.. I don't finish because I won't want to insult any dogs.

This.

I suspect many have had their fill of the burn loot murder and social justice bull**** from these asswipes.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    You understand it, as testament to the part I bolded. If it's not controversial to you, it's ok. Think (concerning past generations) Max Schmelling Vs Joe Louis; not controversial.... Jackie Robinson entering MLB; controversial. The escape you mentioned, is only valid when you agree with the politics you're being exposed to. People are never upset when their social structures or beliefs are given a platform...NEVER; but when an opposing view is, then it's "Why is this team forcing this SWJ crap down my throat? I just want to some time to relax, and watch the game!"
    I’m probably one of the least educated members here, so I’m sorry that I have no clue what boxing and baseball in the 1930-40’s (I think) have to do with the subject.
    What politics, controversial or otherwise, have ever been plastered on the courts and fields and the uniforms of players before this bull crap? Ever?
    What “social structures” or beliefs have ever been given these platforms? Ever?

People do watch sports as an escape from their every day life. Not to have this crap shoved down their throats! I’m guessing that most sports fans, no matter their politics, get more than their fill elsewhere!

Some will argue that the court/field is the only platform the players have to make their beliefs known. That is BULLS**T!
    If the players care so much about ANY issue all they’d have to do is make it known they will be in front of the local police department, statehouse steps, White House, where ever, to make a statement, start a sit in, or establish a new state. Every local news crew and several networks would be there sucking it up!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I’m probably one of the least educated members here, so I’m sorry that I have no clue what boxing and baseball in the 1930-40’s (I think) have to do with the subject.
    What politics, controversial or otherwise, have ever been plastered on the courts and fields and the uniforms of players before this bull crap? Ever?
    What “social structures” or beliefs have ever been given these platforms? Ever?

People do watch sports as an escape from their every day life. Not to have this crap shoved down their throats! I’m guessing that most sports fans, no matter their politics, get more than their fill elsewhere!

Some will argue that the court/field is the only platform the players have to make their beliefs known. That is BULLS**T!
    If the players care so much about ANY issue all they’d have to do is make it known they will be in front of the local police department, statehouse steps, White House, where ever, to make a statement, start a sit in, or establish a new state. Every local news crew and several networks would be there sucking it up!

But this is far to easy and does not effect their personal time.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    And they can give the illusion that they’re doing something while doing absolutely NOTHING. Most of them anyway. I’ll give them the benefit of doubt and assume at least one or two MIGHT actually put their money where their mouth is. Maybe?

Last edited:

SumtnFancy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft. Wayne

Get real. Have you ever seen anti-SJW messages in sports? I was at a gathering last night and our friend's soft little son whined until he got to turn on the NBA game. Not only is there a BLM logo across half the court, the Miami Heat all have BLM, Say Their Names, etc across the back of their jersies instead of their names. But it was them against the LAbrons, so I couldn't decide who I wanted to lose more. It was pretty pathetic. Never in my lifetime has anyone with my political views done that.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slacktivism
    "Slacktivism (a portmanteau of slacker and activism) is a pejorative term for the practice of supporting a political or social cause by means such as social media or online petitions, characterized as involving very little effort or commitment. Slacktivism is showing support for a cause with the main purpose of boosting the egos of participants in the movement. The action may have little effect other than to make the person doing it feel satisfied that they have contributed."

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    They're all too happy to speak out on what they perceive as injustice here, but they actively punished players and execs who spoke out about Hong Kong. Heck with 'em. Let China pay their salaries.

Top Bottom