Does anyone make a waterproof replacement extension cord end??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Prefer a lighted one. I have dozens of cords and the female end tends to wear out. Am I up to buying another one? The replacement ones are not water tight and trip a GFCI, and when I get to my truck in the morning it won't start. There are replacement lighted ones, but they are almost $20 a pop. And still not water proof. I love the freezing rain.

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    yes, and you can also get a waterproof case that snaps over both plugs..
    Thanks for the link. I will have to dig through. I wonder if they have a lighted one. I did see the cases before. but they seemed more watertight if they were horizontal. With the cord on my truck, it hangs vertical and has a 3 wire ribbon that would not seal very well.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I know my solution is kind of crude, but I wrap any outdoor cord in plastic food wrap. It has worked on the Christmas lights for years. A roll of no name saran wrap is as close to free as you will get.

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    I know my solution is kind of crude, but I wrap any outdoor cord in plastic food wrap. It has worked on the Christmas lights for years. A roll of no name saran wrap is as close to free as you will get.
    I have tried that too... But I have to pull this plug apart every morning. Water always wins...

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    Nice to get the right terms. The nice lighted water tight ones are $70+ :( But the non lighted ones are under $20... I will go with a lighted male end, that end does not need to be water tight and I can see both ends from inside.

Thx
    Ha ha. He likes a lighter male end.

This is a good thread. Did not know such things existed

Top Bottom