• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • poweraddict

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    Greenfield
    I was curious if anyone here has any experience with Mag Guts kits in their magazines. I was interested what everyone's thoughts were on the spring kits and if anyone has had reliability/feed issues with them. I'm looking to order a couple kits for my Shield specifically, but any input about the company and their products would be appreciated.

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    We ordered them for the g42... I have not installed mine, but my uncle had some issues... Feeding and jam problems. Not sure if there's a "break in time". I'm going to mess around a bit with mine here soon. First impressions, not the best.

poweraddict

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    Greenfield
    Looks like I may just have to order one kit and test it out for myself with mixed reviews. Luckily they are guaranteed and even if they weren't , $25 isn't a big gamble for what I might gain. I'll just have to hold off on ordering more than one until I try it out.

Magnum314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Central Indiana
    I'll let you know in a few days. Have a set ready to put into "test phase" for my shield. I plan on really wringing them out with a few hundred rounds this week and I'll get back to ya! I am hopeful, and fairly confident...they are fantastic quality for sure...but we'll see.

Last edited:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Looks like I may just have to order one kit and test it out for myself with mixed reviews. Luckily they are guaranteed and even if they weren't , $25 isn't a big gamble for what I might gain. I'll just have to hold off on ordering more than one until I try it out.

$25 is a pretty big gamble if they don't work when your life is on the line. I'd stick with stock springs in any self defense handgun. An extra round is not worth the risk.

dirtdigger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Bargersville, IN
    $25 is a pretty big gamble if they don't work when your life is on the line. I'd stick with stock springs in any self defense handgun. An extra round is not worth the risk.

Then again, that extra round could be the difference, if the day ever comes that you have to deploy your EDC.
    We all have our own test methods for being confident in what we carry. Once i have a gun I'm confident in, then I have to be confident in the gun, with the chosen EDC ammo.
    My criteria for a gun is 1000 rounds, out of the box, with no fails. This with every manner of the cheapest plinking ammo I have. Once that is met, then 200 rounds with the carry ammo only. These are my thresholds, some folks more, some less.
    The Magguts sounds like something I'd like to try. So like poweraddict, I'll test it out.
    Understanding the gun and mag work in concert, I probably won't need the 1000 rounds again, but 500 rounds of plinkers and 50 rounds of EDC ammo, with no fails, would get me to the confidence level I would need to let the Magguts mod be part of EDC.
    Sorry OP for getting a little off the topic.
    Thanks for posting as this is a product I was not aware of.

Klanham5576

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    NE Indiana
    I have installed their plus one upgrade in my G42 mags. I did check the followers for any sharp edges or burrs and then very lightly spritzed the inside of the mag body with a little oil before reassembly. No problems at all with mine.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    I have installed their plus one upgrade in my G42 mags. I did check the followers for any sharp edges or burrs and then very lightly spritzed the inside of the mag body with a little oil before reassembly. No problems at all with mine.

This is an ok idea, but wouldn't a dry lube be better?
    Hopefully the mags aren't kicking around in the dirt much anyways (EDC mags live a pretty good life most of the time), but I'd be concerned about gunky build-up.
    Anyone else?

Ryno

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Shelbyville, IN
    I have them in my 8 round Shield mags. The only thing about them I've noticed that I don't care for is when the gun is in battery, the mags are difficult to seat with 9 rounds in them. Besides that the build quality is good and they've fed perfectly for 600 rounds.

poweraddict

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    Greenfield
    Then again, that extra round could be the difference, if the day ever comes that you have to deploy your EDC.
    We all have our own test methods for being confident in what we carry. Once i have a gun I'm confident in, then I have to be confident in the gun, with the chosen EDC ammo.
    My criteria for a gun is 1000 rounds, out of the box, with no fails. This with every manner of the cheapest plinking ammo I have. Once that is met, then 200 rounds with the carry ammo only. These are my thresholds, some folks more, some less.
    The Magguts sounds like something I'd like to try. So like poweraddict, I'll test it out.
    Understanding the gun and mag work in concert, I probably won't need the 1000 rounds again, but 500 rounds of plinkers and 50 rounds of EDC ammo, with no fails, would get me to the confidence level I would need to let the Magguts mod be part of EDC.
    Sorry OP for getting a little off the topic.
    Thanks for posting as this is a product I was not aware of.

No need to apologize. Getting off topic is bound to happen in any conversation. Hopefully it ends up being a quality product that will benefit many Ingoers.

Top Bottom