Does Carlos May have a chance against Carson?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mikuhl

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 10, 2012
    Indy
    Sure would like to see him when but not really getting my hopes up.

I think it's telling that Carson declined any debates though. He doesn't think he needs to and he is probably right. Still after the redistricting I am hoping.

tk21k

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    MSG2-Mt Comfort
    Carson accepted one debate but I can't find the location or date anywhere. If someone is going to knock him out of office this is the year. I am with you I am hoping it happens!

usaf64

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    I live in southern Perry Township. Was once a Republican precinct committeeman. We voted three precincts in a school. We usually outvoted the Dems two to one in those precincts, so the redistricting will help.

Having said that, I still don't think Carlos can overcome the inner-city vote. All we can do is encourage everyone to vote and see what happens. My assessment, doable, but not likely.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Well, if past performance is any indicator the Marion County gop will not put up enough fight or back Mr. May well enough to overcome Carson. They've not done a very good job in the past, can't see that they won't leave May hanging as they have previous candidates.

democracywins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    Marion, IN
    Having worked in professional politics my entire career Andre Carson will be a very hard incumbent to unseat. Whether you agree with him or not (and I disagree with 99.9% of the time) the one thing he is very good at is campaigning. He inherited an established working module from his aunt and former holder of the seat Julia Carson.

The only person that can beat Andre Carson is Andre Carson. Plus it's an over whelming democrat district.

Just my thoughts...

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I guess the question is: Where is Andre? No television commercials, no advertised appearances. Pike Township is, unfortunately, a primarily Democrat township and we haven't seen hide nor hair of him up here; no yard signs that I've seen lately, and Lafayette Road is usually littered with them this time of year.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    As well as Andy Horning did some years ago without significant support from the Marion county Republican establishment, I'd say yeah, Carlos has a chance if the party is behind him. Well, is it?

The demographics have also changed in that area in recent years; favoring Carlos even more I think. We'll see.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Having worked in professional politics my entire career Andre Carson will be a very hard incumbent to unseat. Whether you agree with him or not (and I disagree with 99.9% of the time) the one thing he is very good at is campaigning. He inherited an established working module from his aunt and former holder of the seat Julia Carson.

The only person that can beat Andre Carson is Andre Carson. Plus it's an over whelming democrat district.

Just my thoughts...

I don't think even Andre can beat Andre. Those who vote for him remain loyal. Even with redistricting.

Top Bottom