• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Got to thinking there are a lot of threads about different gunclubs in Indiana questions, comments, ECT.
    We have a Gun shop section do we need a Gun club section,

I don't know how much participation we'd get from the different clubs and if we would need to key in on a specific representitive for members could discuss,

Maybe the Club approved Rep could get a specific Badge or something so that some member with an extreme opinion isn't the one speaking for the club.

If this sounds like a good idea I'll hit up the mods

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Just my :twocents: here;

I don't think they "deserve" official free mention. If a member posts up good or bad experience, that's fine, but quite a few training facilities and ranges have already shown their support of the site in the form o advertising $$$ and are listed in the Advertisers subforum section.

All Sporting Clubs and Ranges have to same access to Adverts as they do, should they wish to pony up the dough and support the site.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    I think what the OP was referring to was private clubs not commercial ranges. I do believe that a section for clubs could be helpful to some of us, but I wouldn't want to see pay ranges included. Let them pay to advertisers.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I think what the OP was referring to was private clubs not commercial ranges. I do believe that a section for clubs could be helpful to some of us, but I wouldn't want to see pay ranges included. Let them pay to advertisers.

Aren't private clubs by definition "Private"? Meaning Membership and guests only. Should they wish to openly advertise for membership, why would they be any different? :dunno:

Again, if an individual INGO member wants to post up about a club, I'm all for it. For INGO to provide a free service to an entity that does not, I'm against. That's all.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    Yes private clubs are not open to the general public. But if you are looking for a club to join this could be helpful. You could find out a little about the club to see if it was a fit for you and how to go about joining.

I agree if a club wants to advertise for members let them pay. If the section would be to help INGO members to find a club, that could be worth it. Yes there have been a lot of posts about clubs and what kind of shooting they do, but it would be nice to have them all in one place to be easy to find in the future.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Guys This has NOTHING to do with advertising, Indiana clubs don't need to look for new members, The number of new members is overwhelming to some degree the clubs I know of, AGAIN THIS ISNT ADVERSISING.

I'm talking about a forum so that club members can talk about upcoming matches, equipment they saw at the last match, what they should bring to the match, Things like that,

All the time I see people trying to talk about friday night steel and if your following the thread and forget to sub it you loose it,

There are things I would like to know about matches, ranges, ect of someplace I would like to shoot at.

It would be a place for other people to see how the club functions and see discussions of Range improvements ECT.

BUT get this clear this would not be adverstising it would be a collection of discussions about specific ranges.

I know there are at least 20 hhrp members on the forum but we don't communicate as well as we could

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    Guys This has NOTHING to do with advertising, Indiana clubs don't need to look for new members, The number of new members is overwhelming to some degree the clubs I know of, AGAIN THIS ISNT ADVERSISING.

I'm talking about a forum so that club members can talk about upcoming matches, equipment they saw at the last match, what they should bring to the match, Things like that,

All the time I see people trying to talk about friday night steel and if your following the thread and forget to sub it you loose it,

There are things I would like to know about matches, ranges, ect of someplace I would like to shoot at.

It would be a place for other people to see how the club functions and see discussions of Range improvements ECT.

BUT get this clear this would not be adverstising it would be a collection of discussions about specific ranges.

I know there are at least 20 hhrp members on the forum but we don't communicate as well as we could

I have been interested in learning about some of these matches and clubs, I could see myself reading this type of sub-forum to decide what I wanted to join. Just my two cents.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    It's an interesting idea... To expand... Sorta partner with various not-for-profit clubs that are interested and provide an "official" forum for the club. The club could post announcements and such, and direct their members to INGO for the information. Make INGO a service provider for the conservation clubs and other similar organizations.

812guns

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Columbus Indiana
    I like the idea. I am a member of HHRP but because of work schedule i dont get to go the the thursday night shoots. I would still like to keep up on whats going on. I, always up for learning more about other clubs in the area.

Is there a way to form a group on INGO. That might allow clubs to pass info on.

Top Bottom