Does it matter where I apply for my LTCH?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr507

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Fishers
    I plan on applying for my ltch soon. My home is in fishers, but I am living in an apartment in west lafayette until may (when I graduate). If I want to apply, where should I go? Sorry for the dumb question! Thanks in advance

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Your local PD HQ then.

What he said ^

If you live in the city limits (as per your DL) then it is your local PD that you need to apply with.

If you live outside the city limits, it will be your county sheriff's office.

:twocents:- When you apply, spring for the "lifetime" license, and you'll not have to worry about renewing it;)

gregr507

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Fishers
    Yeah I plan on getting the lifetime license. So I assume I should head back home to fishers to apply since that is the address on my license?

Kbowers9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Salem
    I was also in somewhat of the same situation as you were. I currently live in Bloomington and go to school full time. My addresses have been changing over the past few years due to this and I figured an easy bet would be to head back home (Perm. Address) and apply for my license, so I would avoid having to write the Indiana State Police everytime I moved from one rental to the next. If I were in your situation I would apply back home whenever you get the chance and have a family member mail it back to you when it arrives. The permit cannot be directly mailed to your school address, only your address on your permit. Hope this helps a bit.

gregr507

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Fishers
    I was also in somewhat of the same situation as you were. I currently live in Bloomington and go to school full time. My addresses have been changing over the past few years due to this and I figured an easy bet would be to head back home (Perm. Address) and apply for my license, so I would avoid having to write the Indiana State Police everytime I moved from one rental to the next. If I were in your situation I would apply back home whenever you get the chance and have a family member mail it back to you when it arrives. The permit cannot be directly mailed to your school address, only your address on your permit. Hope this helps a bit.

That is helpful, thanks. I was wondering if I could apply up here since it'd be easier and I have class during the week, but taking a trip home for a day isn't too big of a deal

Brimaster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    Lake County / Eagle
    What he said ^

If you live in the city limits (as per your DL) then it is your local PD that you need to apply with.

If you live outside the city limits, it will be your county sheriff's office.

:twocents:- When you apply, spring for the "lifetime" license, and you'll not have to worry about renewing it;)

I moved from IL to IN (Lowell) and am getting ready to apply and I hope to go the L1 and on-line route. I just want to make sure I do it right the first time. I live outside the city limits so if I read this correctly I should go the the country sheriff office in Crown Point not the local PD. Does it really matter? What about going to the State Police Headquarters as there is one right down the street from me?

Sorry for the question but this way different then getting the FOID card in IL and don't want to screw anything up.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Brimaster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    Lake County / Eagle
    Thanks Indy_Guy_77. That would be the County Sheriff so I did the online form and got the appointment scheduled at L1 this week. Once that's done I'll head to the County sheriff's office to get it all taken care of.

Thanks again for the help.

Top Bottom