• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokestack

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Lafayette
    My wife and I both have LTCH and carry, other than a few traffic tickets we both have a clean record. My question is does it matter who does the NICS when we buy a gun ? I use to carry an LCP until she liked it and decided it was her new EDC, I like pocket guns and bought a little Kel-Tec to replace it. She had a Taurus and had me go trade it in for a different pistol that I did the paperwork on. Should we keep better track of who does the NICS for our guns between the two of us ? Just a question in the back of my mind. I consider us to be responsible gun owners (LTCH,gun safe, etc.) and we want to do our best to follow the rules. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Enkrypter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    New Palestine, IN
    FBI — Fact Sheet

Federal Categories of Persons Prohibited From Receiving

A delay response from the NICS Section indicates the subject of the background check has been matched with either a state or federal potentially prohibiting record containing a similar name and/or similar descriptive features (name, sex, race, date of birth, state of residence, social security number, height, weight, or place of birth). The federally prohibiting criteria are as follows:

A person who has been convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year or any state offense classified by the state as a misdemeanor and is punishable by a term of imprisonment of more than two years.
    Persons who are fugitives of justice—for example, the subject of an active felony or misdemeanor warrant.
    An unlawful user and/or an addict of any controlled substance; for example, a person convicted for the use or possession of a controlled substance within the past year; or a person with multiple arrests for the use or possession of a controlled substance within the past five years with the most recent arrest occurring within the past year; or a person found through a drug test to use a controlled substance unlawfully, provided the test was administered within the past year.
    A person adjudicated mental defective or involuntarily committed to a mental institution or incompetent to handle own affairs, including dispositions to criminal charges of found not guilty by reason of insanity or found incompetent to stand trial.
    A person who, being an alien, is illegally or unlawfully in the United States.
    A person who, being an alien except as provided in subsection (y) (2), has been admitted to the United States under a non-immigrant visa.
    A person dishonorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces.
    A person who has renounced his/her United States citizenship.
    The subject of a protective order issued after a hearing in which the respondent had notice that restrains them from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of such partner. This does not include ex parte orders.
    A person convicted in any court of a misdemeanor crime which includes the use or attempted use of physical force or threatened use of a deadly weapon and the defendant was the spouse, former spouse, parent, guardian of the victim, by a person with whom the victim shares a child in common, by a person who is cohabiting with or has cohabited in the past with the victim as a spouse, parent, guardian or similar situation to a spouse, parent or guardian of the victim.
    A person who is under indictment or information for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year.

Top Bottom